Experience With Anti-vibration Pads

Hi

I have a new Hoover Nextra (washer and dryer). The washer has the "turbine" noise as the speed goes up (or down) and the dryer has a rough vibration - kind of like a turning flat tire. These are stacked on top of each other.

For my sake and the sake of the people below me, I would like to quiet the machine if possible.

I have seen a company that claims anti-vibration pads:

http://gviinc.net/

Has anybody had experience with these or other pads that claim the same affect of reducing washer / dryer noise?

Any other tips?

THanks

It would be interesting to see if anyone has any experience of this sort of thing. They are probably worth a try, but there's a limit to what they can do. Noise from a spinning washing machine is made up of several different things including noise from the motor, the drum bearings, drive belt, cabinet vibration and floor vibration. Reducing one of them can help. All they can do is reduce vibration transfer between the washing machine and the floor which might help those in the flat below. Both these products also claim to, "help prolong the life of your washing machine or dryer", which I find bizarre. How can they do anything to prolong the life of the washing machine?

Need a repair or spare parts? 

Book a Repair | Buy Spares (Cheapest prices guaranteed)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.