John Lewis give 2 year guarantee on white goods appliances

Question about front panel drain hose

Hi everyone, I’ve got an issue I seem to be having with my machine, an LG Direct Drive 8 Washer Dryer combo. It’s only about 3 years old and we haven’t had any issues with it.

Whenever I try to clean out the pump filter, I set up the front drain hose to remove any excess water, but none seems to come out, a few drops if that. But when I start to unscrew the pump filter, water starts coming out the cap. Not sure what’s going on, I’ve tried moving the hose around and getting it as low as possible but with no joy. Obviously it’s annoying as I don’t know how much water will come out if I keep unscrewing the pump filter cap, and it’s hard to catch it coming out. 

This doesn’t seem like a fault/damage or anything in need of repair, but it is pretty annoying. Any ideas on what might be causing this?

cheers,

Sam

Hi Sam. The chances are that the drain hose goes up above the pump so that when you lay it down it isn't below the pump which is needed for siphoning. But you shouldn't need to do that anyway. As long as the pump is working ok just put it on a drain or spin cycle then put down a big bath towel and open up the pump filter. There is always water inside but shouldn't be more than a half to 3 quarters of a pint.

Need a repair or spare parts? 

Book a Repair | Buy Spares (Cheapest prices guaranteed)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.