John Lewis give 2 year guarantee on white goods appliances

Help needed Hoover DXOA 410C3B top lid removal

Hi all thanks for the add.

I have a hoover DXOA 410C3B washing machine that has a damaged door seal, I have seen a tutorial advising to take the top wood panel off to reveal the bolted seal on the inside of the drum.

Problem I have is I've unscrewed the back but the wood panel is stuck in a plastic channel on each side and won't budge, I have it about 2cms away from the front barely exposing the inside but I don't want to do damage by yanking anything. 

All help will be appreciated. 

20210423_122546.jpg

Edited by dannyb1

Hi. I presume you managed to sort this. What probably happened is that some water has got onto the lid and caused the edges to swell up. So the lid is probably just stuck in place and needs gently forcing out a bit at a time so that it comes out evenly. The worst thing you can do is jam it further by trying to force out one side more than the other.

I would use a large flat screwdriver and using leverage between the gap at the front just gently ease it out a bit at a time. As the gap gets bigger maybe use some blocks of wood or something to fill the gap and allow the screwdriver to continue gently forcing the lid out.

Only Hoover ever used these lids and they are a terrible design, not least because this often happens, but also you cannot take the lid off without completely disconnecting and pulling the washing machine 3 or 4 feet out in many cases.

Need a repair or spare parts? 

Book a Repair | Buy Spares (Cheapest prices guaranteed)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.