John Lewis give 2 year guarantee on white goods appliances

Miele 3XX & 6XX Model Numbers!?

Hello all,

Hoping to purchase another indestructible Miele but am struggling to get my head around the different model numbers that seem to have the same features.

All of the following 9kg 3XX series seem to have identical features, the same price point and a 10 year warranty. Does anyone know the difference, and which is best?!

WCG360, WWG360, WSG363, WEG365

To confuse matters further, the Miele 6XX series costs approx the same, has additional features to the 3XX series but only a 5 year warranty.

Can anyone help? I'm inclined to go for a 3XX machine for the additional 5 years peace of mind instead of additional features.

Cheers

Edited by tspavan
OCD formatting change.

Hello there. I had a similar question by someone the other day regarding a couple of Hotpoint washing machines. There looked to be no difference in either of the models they quoted either. There must be some difference, but the best place to ask is Miele themselves. It would be interesting if you found out and could let us know please.

As I told the other member, slight differences in model numbers with the same numbers but sometimes different letters are often just indicating a different colour. But the first two Miele washing machines you quoted I have just checked and they are both quoted as being white. The photos look identical, the technical specifications look identical too, and more importantly there is £180 difference in price.

So some potential differences in model numbers with just very slight variance in letters are as I said colour, or maybe something like Wi-Fi connection etc. One other possibility that springs to mind is that possibly one of them is an older model superseded with various slight differences. As I said please let us know if you find out. I don't think there's any point asking anyone else other than Miele. It is quite unnecessarily confusing isn't it?

Need a repair or spare parts? 

Book a Repair | Buy Spares (Cheapest prices guaranteed)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

Cheers Andy,

Response from Miele below.

Seems strange that this is not clearly explained on their website, and that they have so many different versions of the same machine at the same price!

Our 9kg 3XX series come with QuickPowerWash, which delivers an A-rated wash performance in 49 minutes. All these models are identical except for how they look (aka the door). These have a 10-year warranty and are currently on a £200 discount.

Our 9kg 6XX series come with TwinDos, which is an Automated detergent dispensing system. Again, the 6XX models have cosmetic differences but the overall functions are the same. These come with a 5-year warranty.

If you would like a model with both TwinDos and QuickPowerWash, you will need to look at the 8XX range.

Thanks

Edited by tspavan
Formatting
  • Like 1

Thanks for the update. I did say it's normally a cosmetic difference (i.e the colours) but I didn't notice any difference in the doors and only Miele could make an identical model with different doors.

Need a repair or spare parts? 

Book a Repair | Buy Spares (Cheapest prices guaranteed)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.