In middle of cycle Miele displayed F50 clothes didnt spin. Cleaned filter machine span motor very slowly then stopped totally.

If reset machine it fills and then pumps water out but wont turn motor. Drum rotates without issue.

Machine 7 years old. An enginner wanted £250 to stripdown as back dont come off. Everyring need to come out of front. How easy is it to take front panel off. Does xonreol panel need to come off to acccess screws?

On and yes Test cycoe shows motor fault on first position 

Hi. I only have one error 50 code description for Miele and it just says, "drive". It's possibly a motor fault, if carbon brushes are fitted they could be worn but I have a Miele that's 15 years old and brushes haven't worn yet. I don't know about exact how to strip down. Probably not advisable unless very experienced in such matters.

Need a repair or spare parts? 

Book a Repair | Buy Spares (Cheapest prices guaranteed)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

Nice one. Is one or both charred? If they are not making contact one or both should be charred. If they are both shiny, even though worn down they are probably still making contact with the commutator and may not be the fault unless they are extremely worn down. Check this page carbon brushes diagnostics

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

The one on the left looks jammed. Is it charred where it runs on the commutation? The one on the right looks like it has another 10 years life in it.  

Looks promising that this is the problem. 

Excellent news well played.