Book washing machine & appliance repairs

Ransom Spares

Note: The links above are needed to help keep this site running, please consider using them.

Joe90

Bosch Wff 1201

I am bidding on a second hand machine for my sister as she keeps bringing washing here . The seller will deliver the machine (Bosch 1201) He says the Machine is 5 years old but is in good working order . Is this a good machine , is there any reviews for it ?

If the machine breaks will the parts be replaceable/Available ?

Book washing machine & appliance repairs

Ransom Spares

Note: The links above are needed to help keep this site running, please consider using them.

Hello Joe,

As you've pobably read by now on the other Bosch washing machine posts, Bosch are still a decent washing machine but they are pretty cheap these days so they aren't really in the high build quality range. It depends how much you are paying for it and what spin speed and drum size it has as to whether it's a good buy or not. Parts shouldn't be hard to come by but as with all washing machines some major parts like motors and PCBs are pretty expensive so it's a question of keeping fingers crossed than none of them do fail. You could do a lot worse than a second hand Bosch washing machine so I would think it's a reasonable washing machine to take a chance on - depending on how much they are asking for it of course because a new (basic) Bosch can be bought very cheaply these days.

Need an engineer, or to buy appliance spare parts? Please use my affiliate links to support this forum.

Book appliance engineer | Buy your appliance Spares 

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

hi ,just bought one myself ,not over impressed a bit noisey and long wash times ,paid £75 4 yr old but in good con little used ,on with the third wash now , the last wash was a bit odd ,came to open the door and the cloths were warm so going to sit and watch this wash , sad to see my 23 yr old zanussi fl 1012 go .

the last wash was a bit odd ,came to open the door and the cloths were warm

assuming its a hot and cold fill might be worth checking that the taps are fitted correctly or the taps themselves are not the wrong way around. i.e. your hot tap is actually connected to cold supply.

hi ,just bought one myself ,not over impressed a bit noisey and long wash times ,paid £75 4 yr old but in good con little used ,on with the third wash now , the last wash was a bit odd ,came to open the door and the cloths were warm so going to sit and watch this wash , sad to see my 23 yr old zanussi fl 1012 go .

Hello. Long wash times are common to all modern washing machines. People replacing an older washing machine usually blame their new one but they are all the same - Long wash times on washing machines

As Peter says, warm washing is almost always due to the hot and cold fill supply being the wrong way round although most washing machines are now cold fill only. Make sure that old the hot supply hasn't been connected to the washing machine by mistake. It's not enough to just check the colour of the hoses or the taps because sometimes they are connected wrong by the "plumber".

Need an engineer, or to buy appliance spare parts? Please use my affiliate links to support this forum.

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

I just bought one the other day for £50, 2nd-hand. It seems to work very well and the engineer who sold it to me said that Bosch is a good make.

Bosch are still considered a good make although they are not as good as they used to be in the past. They've reduced quality and prices a lot ( Bosch washing machines forum ) They are still one of the best available in their price range but they can't escape the consequences of reducing prices so much.

My thanks to Andy who replied to a previous post which I erroneously made regarding repairing the pump on my WFF1201 (now removed). Apologies if I've wasted anyone's time.

Note to self: Read the headings on the forums more carefully!