Book washing machine & appliance repairs

Ransom Spares

Note: The links above are needed to help keep this site running, please consider using them.

John Henry

Miele W3364wps

Hi all,

Being this is my first post we are currently buying our first washing machine.

The model I'm looking at is the 3364 and would like to know if I am makeing the right choice or should I look for something cheaper?

I can currently buy this model for £733 but dixons do have it for £744 + £50 discount when using a discount code but this doesn't seem to work at present and furthermore they don't have any in stock in my post code area.

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Thank You.

Book washing machine & appliance repairs

Ransom Spares

Note: The links above are needed to help keep this site running, please consider using them.

Seems the Dixon post code lottery is still on, I tried what I did at the beginning of Feb in a reply to s express and machines are still not available for HU post code but are for Sheffield 60 miles away.

Was trying to buy television from Dixons and discount code from another site would not work so rang customer services and was told only codes from their site work. Saying that I tried the link from washer help to Dixons and put in discount code and it worked.

The W 3364 has a few extra goodies compared to the W 3240 timer delay, faster top spin speed and better sound insulation to name some but then for a few more pounds more goodies and even quieter machine looms over the horizon.

We are very satisfied with our W 3240.

With 10yr warranty you are looking at ten years piece of mind for £700 compared to 5yrs for around £500 for a mid quality brand.

Lies dammed lies and statistics when trying comparisons, we would have bought the ISE machine but was the extra 5yrs that swung it ( I think Miele say the extra 5 yrs is worth over £350).

Thank you for your reply Peter, I've got untill wednesday to buy this machine or I loose out on the 10yr warranty.

Does anybody know when the W 3364 was introduced to the market and if they are being replaced anytime soon?

Just called up dixons, they say they won't get any stock of the W 3364 untill March 2nd, this means I'll have to buy it from another retailer.

Was trying to buy television from Dixons and discount code from another site would not work so rang customer services and was told only codes from their site work. Saying that I tried the link from washer help to Dixons and put in discount code and it worked.

Many of the discount codes (like the ones I post here - Washing machine bargains / special offers are special affiliate discounts. That is, they only work if you visit the site directly from a link on an affiliate site. The reaon for this is that the retailer tries to encourage affiliate sites (like Washerhelp) to promote their company by allowing them to offer special discounts not seen elsewhere.

The 3364 has a few extra goodies compared to the 3240 - timer delay, faster top spin speed and better sound insulation to name some but then for a few more pounds more goodies and even quieter machine looms over the horizon. We are very satisfied with our 3240.

I agree, I would recommend that unless John really needs the fastest spin possible, and the extra delay timer there is no other difference between them at all apart from the W3240 is potentially about £65 cheaper. The better sound insulation may be noticable, but it doesn't necessarily mean the W 3364 WPS is definitely going to be quieter. It could be that the extra sound insulation was necessary because of the extra noise generated by the 1600 rpm spin.

Need an engineer, or to buy appliance spare parts? Please use my affiliate links to support this forum.

Book appliance engineer | Buy your appliance Spares 

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

The following was posted by Andy elsewhere on the site, presume it still stands

"I have it on good authority that the promotion will be extended from 1 March - 31 May 2007. It will also be on all W4000 series models too. All other models in the range, including dryers, will have 5 year guarantees during that period."

I also e mailed Miele customer services when it was possible our machine would not be delivered till March and am sure they said as long as it was ordered before 28th Feb then it qualified for 10 yr warranty.

Download the warranty claim form from Miele web site and it states purchases up to 28th Feb, if the delivery of your machine is delayed you should submit your claim anyway.

Do Dixons honour the price they are advertising at the moment if you have to wait till March but will you have to pay in advance to get it and Feb date for warranty, do they have stock available for delivery to other areas but not yours as my post code test showed.

Miele have just told me the W 3364 is being discontinued and being replaced by the W 3824.

I am now also looking at the W 3922 which is selling for an extra £100 it has a silent motor and extra wash programmes etc. pillows and curtains.

I didn't know it was this difficult to purchase a washing machine. :lol:

Miele have just told me the 3364 is being discontinued and being replaced by the 3824.

Don't let that necessarily put you off. The W3824 will be probably be discontinued in a year or so too. Manufacturers are always bringing out new models. Parts will still be available for the W3364 throughout its life so if it's a good price and does what you want it's still worth considering. We are all inexplicably beguiled by the words, "new model" but new isn't always better. (That's a general comment - not aimed at this example).

I didn't know it was this difficult to purchase a washing machine. :lol:

It's always hard doing something well. Not enough people take buying a washing machine seriously enough and they end up with rubbish, that doesn't do the job properly and in a constant cycle of buying washing machines. It'll be worth it in the end. :)

Need an engineer, or to buy appliance spare parts? Please use my affiliate links to support this forum.

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

Hi all and welcome back, I just like to say I purchased the W 3922 in the end, fantastic machine, I just stand there watching it wash.

Just wanted to know are the extended warranties with Miele or D & G or both?

P.S. My cats are fasinated with the machine, they too watch it spin.

Nice one John. The W 3922 is the classic look Miele and I think it looks considerably better in the metal than it does on the photos. It looks classy and has a big sheen all over. I'm glad you like it. The cats not been scared of it shows how quiet it is :)

Miele have just changed their guarantees, which were previously done through Domestic and General. Now Miele are doing the extended guarantees themselves.

Thank you Washerhelp, yes that is the form I have and I do have another one which came with the machine 1 (plus) 1, this one is through D & G. I rang up Miele and they told me to send both off.

Is it better to have the extended warranty with Miele or D & G?

Anyway, after having the machine for 2 weeks now, I've just realised the back of the drum has become scratched, is this normal because of metal fastenings on cloths or have I recieved a used one?

There was a little water in the machine when I unpacked it and Miele told me this was normal.

It did come packaged in wood and polystyrene and it didn't look used to me only HEAVY.

I think I'm just paranoid.

Something else I was wondering, are able to use zflora disinfectent in the machine?

Thanks again.

Thank you Washerhelp, yes that is the form I have and I do have another one which came with the machine 1 (plus) 1, this one is through D & G. I rang up Miele and they told me to send both off.

Strange, I would have thought if they are different, then you shouldn't really be registered with them both, and if they are now the same and are all being processed by Miele (which is what I would expect) then it'd only result in wasted duplication.

Is it better to have the extended warranty with Miele or D & G?

It is better for Miele. They don't have to pay a third party and are in full control of the guarantee. I doubt it will be any different for Miele's customers though. Both guarantees should give equal cover. I would say both will be of equal value to a customer.

Anyway, after having the machine for 2 weeks now, I've just realised the back of the drum has become scratched, is this normal because of metal fastenings on cloths or have I received a used one? There was a little water in the machine when I unpacked it and Miele told me this was normal.

All washing machines are individually tested before being sent out of the factory and it's normal for some water to remain in the washing machine. Scratches on the drum wouldn't cause any problems but as to how they got there I couldn't say. Maybe something with a heavy metal zip could be to blame?

Something else I was wondering, are able to use zflora disinfectant in the machine?

There may be some reference to laundry on the labelling as disinfectant can be used to pre-soak nappies, handkerchiefs and laundry where someone's been sick. I wouldn't think it necessary to use any disinfectant directly inside the washing machine although I can't imagine it doing any harm.

To maintain a clean washing machine inside don't forget to do a regular maintenance wash as mentioned here - Causes of grease and slime inside washing machine