John Lewis give 2 year guarantee on white goods appliances

Zanussi Washing Machines

I had a Zanussi washer/dryer for 12 years. I did not have any problems with it until recently when the bearings needed replacing.

I have been looking around for which make to buy now - but after much research and the budget I had I decided to go again for Zanussi ZWF1421W. I bought mine from JL.

This time I have bought only a washer but it has a spin of 1400 so maybe my clothes will be more drier. Will get the machine next week so will let you know how I get on.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi was dithering on Zanussi 1200 or 1400 spin. The decision was taken from me - John Lewis were out of stock of the 1200 and I had no washing machine so couldn't wait til they had more in.

I am very pleased with the machine so far. Also with John Lewis - the site said you would hear within 1 week for delivery date - I ordered the machine late at night on one day and had a call to say the when the machine would be delivered the very next day. Also it said delivery within 14 days - I had to wait just over a week. The time slot was 8am-1pm, unfortunatley I was one of the last and it arrived at noon. However the men were very good at delivering it into my kitchen and even gave me a quick chat about unpacking and plumbing. My father came and plumbed it in and within the hour I had a machine again.

As to the machine I have been busy testing all the different programmes - and tested the timer, having economy 7 electricity the timer facility was important to me. All worked well.

It is a very easy machine to use and doesn't take long to think about the best programmes for you - it has half load, daily load and a quick wash - all handy for me as well as the longer 40/60 degree washes.

So thanks Andy for this site and your advice in helping me decide on which machine and which company to buy from. :D

• 6 years later...

Check out the articles and links I have for John Lewis offers including a minimum of 2 year guarantee on all appliances

Need a repair or spare parts? 

Book a Repair | Buy Spares (Cheapest prices guaranteed)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.