Appliance Offers
helper

Should Washing Come Out Cold Or Hot?

Our washing machine is about 6 years old now (only a Candy), and I just want to know if it's normal for clothes to come out of the machine ice cold or if it's heater has gone!

I can't remember if they were ever warm when I took them out, but noticed today - it was on a 40 deg wash.

Many thanks.

Book washing machine & appliance repairs

Ransom Spares

Note: The links above are needed to help keep this site running, please consider using them.

Yes they should be stone cold. The colder the weather (and therefore temperature of the cold water in the ground) the colder they'll be. The only time I've seen laundry come out of a washing machine warm is when it was a hot and cold fill washing machine and the inlet hoses were the wrong way round so the laundry was being rinsed with hot water.

Need an engineer, or to buy appliance spare parts? Please use my affiliate links to support this forum.

Book appliance engineer | Buy your appliance Spares 

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

I seem to have the opposite problem. I really don't know what temperature your wash should be but my old machine always had a cold rinse and the washing didn't crease very much. I'm new to this forum and am replying to your message because I can't find a way of posting a new message...sorry!

Does anyone know why a Creda 1200 W120FW would have a hot rinse for the final spin? and no apparent filter? I have inherited the washer and have no instructions.

Thanks for a great website.

Hello. Most Creda washing machines didn't have a filter at the front. Like Hotpoint, they only had one inside the sump hose (crazy). This might be useful - How do I clean the pump filter?

Rinsing in hot water can crease and damage delicate laundry and woollens ( Laundry comes out of washing machine badly creased? ). The only explanation I can see for clothes coming out warm or hot is that the cold water valve has got a hot water supply. Even if it has a cold hose connected to it, and the tap has the blue lever, its still technically possible for an incompetent "plumber" to have connected it all up wrong so if this is happening to you, test the washing machine by putting it onto a rinse only program (when you have plenty of hot water in the system) and carefully open the soap dispenser drawer while its filling to see if the water is warm or not. More detailed advice on this subject in the above link.

You can find out if your washing machine instruction book is available here - Washing machine instruction books

Need an engineer, or to buy appliance spare parts? Please use my affiliate links to support this forum.

Book appliance engineer | Buy your appliance Spares 

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.