Appliance Offers
Brittany

Help! 4E error code

I’m a girl who has no idea about this stuff, so forgive my clueless-ness as I describe my issue. 

My Samsung top load washing machine has been giving me a 4E error code for a couple of weeks. I moved in to a new rental home about 2 months ago. The washer worked great in my old house and worked just fine up until a couple of weeks ago. 

A technician came and looked at the machine. He said the error code had something to do with the fact that my home doesn’t have a “hot water inlet hookup to the washing machine” or something along those lines. He wasn’t much help, and I felt extra stupid and didn’t ask many questions. 

So basically I’m wondering... do I need to get another washing machine that’s less high tech? Another brand? Certain kind? Somebody help please! 

Book washing machine & appliance repairs Buy appliance spare parts

Note: The links above are needed to help keep this site running, please consider using them.

Hi. Is it a hot and cold washing machine? If so and you only have a cold water tap plumbed in for a washing machine whoever connected it up should have mentioned this. You can use a hot and cold fill washing machine with just cold water but you need to connect a y-piece and split the cold water into 2 supplies so both water valves get a water supply. 

It’s pretty straight forward. Read this article for more information Washing machine is hot and cold fill but I only have cold water tap

Need an engineer, or to buy appliance spare parts? Please use my affiliate links to support this forum.

Book appliance engineer | Buy your Spares (4Washerhelp)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.