Appliance Offers
Mafiaduck

Beko WDR 7543121W not drying and keeps turning self off

So I had a Beko WDR 7543121B. It worked great, after 9 months the dryer started failing to heat. It got repaired and sorted. 3 months later it began to cut out during wash cycles. It got repaired. 3 months later, cutting out on wash leaving clothes soaked. Onto dry cycle, will run for 2 hours and not take any dampness out because it gets super hot and leaves every thing wet with steam. 

Over 7 weeks it had 8 repairs, replacing circuit boards, heating elements, filters and connectors. Still same problem. So my extended warranty replaced it. 

Brand new one today Beko WDR 7543121W  same model, but white instead of black. First wash, with a 90 minute dry cycle. Shut down during wash. Tried a dry cycle, no heat, everything still wet. Unplugged and tried again, and now we have superhot steamy clothes again. 

Any idea what going on? Cause Beko and the local engineers have no clue what so ever as to what's causing it and with a disabled wife and young child, having no washer dryer is a huge issue.

Can't have separate machines, because it's a small terrace with galley kitchen and there's only room for one unit. 

Book washing machine & appliance repairs Buy appliance spare parts

Note: The links above are needed to help keep this site running, please consider using them.

Hello. It is highly unusual of course for two totally separate washing machines to have the same fault. So the first thoughts have to be with what they have in common, and that is the plumbing and the socket it is plugged into. With washing machines cutting out at random you have to make sure that the wall socket is not to blame. I had exactly the same thing happen with my microwave. It would be working okay and suddenly just petered out then cut out. It turned out to be a loose wire inside the wall socket. The wire had been overheating and was quite burnt.

So first of all try to plug the washing machine into an entirely separate wall socket. If this is not physically possible you may need to use an extension lead temporarily. Make sure it is rated for 13 amps though! The cable should be the same thickness or thicker than the cable and the washing machine.

After that, a very common cause of a washer dryer leaving the laundry hot and steamy is if the cold water supply is not available during the drying cycle. There are other causes as well but as I said it seems highly unlikely that a brand-new washing machine would have the same fault. Check my article here for more information Laundry comes out of washer dryer hot & steamy

Also make sure there isn't a problem with the cold water supply such as a kinked fill hose. That would definitely cause problems on wash cycle too. When you put the washing machine and I wash cycle make sure water is coming into the so dispense a drawer at a reasonable flowrate.

Need an engineer, or to buy appliance spare parts? Please use my affiliate links to support this forum.

Book appliance engineer | Buy your Spares (4Washerhelp)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.