Appliance Offers
Mazen Hoballah

WW81J6400 Samsung Washer with broken main PCB, compatibility of other main PCBs

Hello!

I have reposted this question with the correct title.

I have a question regarding the PCB of my samsung washer. The model number is WW81J6400. My washer stopped working around 2 weeks ago, where the wash program kept resetting until the door unlocks and the program stays stuck. After doing various tests and having a technician check the machine, the problem was narrowed down to the main PCB not working anymore. Obviously I didn't have him repair the machine because the PCB from Samsung costs as much as a new machine.

Seeing that I am a very curious person, I opened up the machine and removed the PCB in order to see if it was possible to repair it by myself. What I found were two different control boards bound to a plastic frame. On one side was the control board for the display, and on the other side the main control board. Both boards are sold as one part with the number: DC92-01771C. Now I did some research on the internet and found that many machines have the identical main control board (the board on the backside of the plastic frame) but different display board. Some even have VERY similar main control boards and different display boards. For example the part with the number DC94-06481B has a control board with 2 elements not present on the DC92-01771C. Samsung sells both parts as one, main control board and display board. 

My question is, it is possible to use the main control board from a different part number with the display board of mine? all the connections would fit, I have already checked that.

In order to test this I would need to buy spare parts since I have none.

Thank you!

Edited by Mazen Hoballah

Book washing machine & appliance repairs Buy appliance spare parts

Note: The links above are needed to help keep this site running, please consider using them.

Hello, yes buying a new board would be risky. It may well be that they are the same, and I know you are trying to get confirmation but the truth is I do not know. Manufacturers do all sorts of strange things including using the same PCBs on different models but with certain links cut to produce different spin speeds. If one does look the same and has exactly the same connections it may well work but I would not put it past manufacturers to have designed them so that they will not work. If they are the same part in different washing machine models then they would sell the same part for all of these models. They may well have a different control board but if the main PCB is the same then the part number should be the same for them all. If this is not the case then clearly they are not exactly the same, or they are the same but the manufacturers do not want people to buy the one single part.

Therefore it is a gamble to buy one and hope that it will work. It may well be that some of the connections are different. That is, they may all have exactly the same connections but not necessarily all of the contacts that these connections fit to are exactly the same. It may well be that there are some subtle internal differences. At the end of the day if the manufacturer has different part numbers for these different models but the PCB appears to be the same then it's too much of a gamble to buy one and hope that it works even if there is a possibility it might.

Need an engineer, or to buy appliance spare parts? Please use my affiliate links to support this forum.

Book appliance engineer | Buy your Spares (4Washerhelp)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

Hello!

Thank you very much for the answer :) another question, what would happen if I used a PCB of the same model but with a 9 kg capacity instead of the 8 kg capacity? do you have any idea?

thank you!

Hi. I don't know, I've never tried not fitting the "correct" one. If you have one you can try it. I wouldn't expect a massive difference in requirements between the two models except possibly the amount of water used. But if you were thinking of buying one then I'd have to say the same as in my last answer, in that we don't know if they are interchangeable or not.

Need an engineer, or to buy appliance spare parts? Please use my affiliate links to support this forum.

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

thank you for the quick reply!

Well the thing is, the part for the 9 kg costs 60 Euros and for the 8 kg 200 Euros so it's a big difference.. I am not prepared to pay 200 Euros, it's a bit too much for me

That price difference is ridiculous. I can understand why you are looking into the other one. The problem is if it doesn't work, that's 60 Euros wasted. Sorry I can't be more help.