Appliance Offers
Sign in to follow this  
Jim Curtis

How To Remove A Hoover Performa 1100 Top?

Hi, I've just recently acquired a Hoover Performa 1100.

Can anyboby tell me how to remove the top? I've unscrewed the three back screws, as I have took the back trim off it looks like the top is just a piece of white backed chipboard, should this chipboard top just slide out? if so this ones seems very tight? :unsure::unsure::unsure:

Thanks in advance. Jim Curtis

Book washing machine & appliance repairs

Ransom Spares

Note: The links above are needed to help keep this site running, please consider using them.

Hello Jim. I dislike the Hoover and Candy lid design, which I criticise on my Hoover washing machine review. Here's a picture that shows that it does indeed slide all the way back and off - Hoover and Candy lid . If it's tight it could be swollen if any liquid has got onto it as it's basically cheap chip board under the laminate covering. Try to keep the pressure even or it just jams.

Need an engineer, or to buy appliance spare parts? Please use my affiliate links to support this forum.

Book appliance engineer | Buy your appliance Spares 

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

Sign in to follow this