Book washing machine & appliance repairs Buy appliance spare parts

Note: The links above are needed to help keep this site running, please consider using them.

Jomico

Bosch 1400 express not reaching full spin.

Have a Bosch Classix 1400 express in storage which seems to work on wash cycle, but once it reaches the spin cycle it never gets above  the lowest revolution, then  stops and restarts trying to spin.I have recently been told it could need resetting after going into unbalanced mode.There is a way to reset these by following a set sequence of turning knobs and pressing buttons, but i cant find any information anywhere.Even when empty the thing will not speed up on spin.Took the top off to watch for any telltale signs during this anomaly.The only thing i noticed was one of the relays woukd  flash just before the machine stopped turning...only  to start through the spin sequence /balancin sequences....again, then relay flash....I did overload the machine before this happened now it just sits in a garage waiting for help.

Edited by Jomico
Mispellings.

Book washing machine & appliance repairs Buy appliance spare parts

Note: The links above are needed to help keep this site running, please consider using them.

Hello. There is no reset for an out of balanced load. The slow turning at the beginning of a spin cycle is called distribution speed. The washing machine tries to balance the laundry evenly. If it can't, it stops and starts again. If it can, it goes into a proper spin. Theoretically a modern washing machine shouldn't go into an out of balance spin because of this system. But even if it did nothing would need resetting afterwards. The out of balance system just works and constantly monitors the load during the spin cycle.

If one did go into a violent out of balance spin then there's always the possibility of something getting damaged but it should be quite rare as the motor should switch off as soon as it went badly out of balance.

When you say it is in storage, do you mean you took it out of storage and found this fault or you've put it in storage after it went faulty?

Need an engineer, or to buy appliance spare parts? Please use my affiliate links to support this forum.

Book appliance engineer | Buy your Spares (4Washerhelp)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

Thanks for your reply...Put it into storage after the machine went faulty.Tried to use it today without  a clothes load, just on cold wash, The machine turns for 1 second then stops, restarts to turn after 30-45 seconds, stops,repeats this over and over...but there is no load to distribute.If i try to use spin it just turns once ...stops ...turns after 20 seconds then stops.The brushes look good.The drum doesnt wobble when i check for worn bearings.I am beginning to wonder if a relay is damaged of maybe one spur on the spider has cracked.Really havent a clue how to proceed.

i have a spare control board and another motor from a bosch 1200... any pointbtrying to swap these around?

Apart from a faulty connection somewhere the motor and pcb are the main suspects. If you have a pcb definitely worth trying.

Need an engineer, or to buy appliance spare parts? Please use my affiliate links to support this forum.

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

Thankyou Andy for all your replies....heres the final update and solution.(FIXED)

Having swapped the pcb, the problem continued.So i took out the motor and stripped it down.It turns out the circular magnet behind the rear motor bearing had cracked in half.... (tachy?) It was a 7 pin motor which had failed and i only had a 6 pin motor from a 1200 express.This would cause a conflict with the wiring harness on the 1400...so I took out the 6 pin plastic template and rebuilt the motor using the 7 pin from the broken motor....All the internal fittings are identical.Put the motor back on the machine and it is fully working.My only caution is to keep the maximum spin speed to 1200 and not run it at 1400..playing safe...just in case!

• Like 1

Many thanks for the update. A broken tacho magnet doesn't normally cause the symptoms you had. Very strange, glad you sorted it. Not many would have.