John Lewis give 2 year guarantee on white goods appliances

Zanussi, Aeg Or Jlwm?

Hi washerhelp,

Out of the AEG 52180, Zanussi ZWF1221 or the JLWM 1202 (would buy from John Lewis as I agree totally with what you say about them) which one would you choose please. I hear all you say about the Miele but the cheapest I can find is £452 from Curry's and unfortunately I'm not their biggest fan! (They treat my best friend shamefully and I haven't forgotton it) I just don't even consider them anymore. As I said, my Hoover Logic hasn't totally given up the ghost yet but as she's 20 years old almost, time isn't on her side. Still washing OK, but won't spin the clothes (bushes OK) but spins when machine is empty. Bit like me, old age I suppose. Anyhow, thanks again for your invaluable help. Regards - yoj13

I'm presuming you meant the AEG L52810. You've picked 3 washing machines that are all extremely similar - and in fact all three washing machines are essentially made by the same company, The Electrolux group. However, 2 are £299 and one is £229. The John Lewis and Zanussi should be exactly the same build quality (the John Lewis being a higher spec version of the Zanussi washing machine). Out of the three, the AEG is a little higher in the quality pecking order list but nothing major, and it’s one of the more basic AEG’s. This is what they all share in common -

• A top spin speed of 1200 RPM
  • A 6Kg capacity drum
  • A spin rating of B (Perfectly OK)
  • Variable temperature control
The John Lewis and the Zanussi are basically the same washing machine but the Zanussi is £70 cheaper, and £70 is not to be sniffed at. Fortunately John Lewis have a great facility on their web site, which allows you to directly compare up to 4 different washing machines side by side. Using this you can compare the washing machines and see what extra features you get with the John Lewis washing machine. The main difference between the John lewis and the Zanussi washing machine is that the John lewis has
  • A 3 year guarantee (as opposed to 2 years, and only 1 year if not bought at John Lewis)
  • Digital display (the only one of the 3 with this)
  • The lowest energy usage of the 3 (although not sure how much that would save)
  • The highest wash efficiency rating (A+ as opposed to A for the other 2)
  • 24 programmes (others have 15)
  • Time remaining indicator (neither of the other 2 have this)
  • 49 Litre water consumption as opposed to 54L (although the AEG has even lower at 45)
Personally I think the extra £70 is worth it, but some others may be happy to save the £70 and still get the decent Zanussi.

Need a repair or spare parts? 

Book a Repair | Buy Spares (Cheapest prices guaranteed)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

Hi Washehelp,

Thank you very much indeed for your extensive reply and it is very much appreciated. Our nearest JL is 38 miles away so I have been into Currys today and 'used their facilities' so to speak. They had the Zanussi 1221 at the same price as JL. Of course they didn't have the JL 1202 and they had the AEG L72---- which I have to say looked very nice, very modern and stylish. However, my washing machine isn't on display so looks are un-important to me and I am more interested in performance! So, in order for me to get you your reccommendation, (you earned every penny as far as I am concerned), do I have to order online, via the telephone or by visiting the shop? Any way makes no difference to me, just let me know. By the way, you have made a wonderful choice with your Sebo cleaner and I'm sure your wife won't be disappointed. I too could be on commission as 4 of my friends when renewing their vacumn's have bought Sebo. They are a fab piece of kit. By the way, slightly cheaper online, but of course come with only 12 months guarantee as opposed to JL's 2, so JL win again in my book. Once again, thank you very much indeed - yoj13.

Hi,

Just ignore my question re you getting your recc as I have re-read your answer and now realise the way to go. The first time it was read in a hurry before I replied last night. Thank you very much. I will keep you informed. Last night I was going to go for the JLWM, now looking at the AEG again! Oh decisions, decisions, but thanks at lot for all your input. Regards - yoj13

Many thanks <fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/default_smile.png Yes it's only sales that can be tracked to have come from Washerhelp through one of the links on this forum or main Washerhelp site that help Washerhelp but of course all my advice is totally free and I have to trust that people believe it’s unbiased. If anyone makes the effort to use one of my links instead of going to the site directly that’s very much appreciated as long as it doesn’t inconvenience them at all.

Unfortunately my wife says she hates the Sebo vacuum cleaner and wanted another Dyson. She claims it hurts her shoulder, but her techniques all wrong <fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/default_smile.png She says it’s harder to push but I explain it’s because it’s gripping the carpet better.

Need a repair or spare parts? 

Book a Repair | Buy Spares (Cheapest prices guaranteed)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

Hi,

I am really sorry to hear of your wifes disappointment with the Sebo and sincerely hope she gets to grips with it. When I bought mine it was replacing an Electrolux and before that a Hoover Junior and in comparison to those models, I literally thought the Sebo was power assisted and the extra long cable that comes as standard, well I thought I was in Heaven! I wouldn't part with good money for one of those ugly Dysons and would go so far as to say I wouldn't have one for free. Oh well, back to washing machines which is my priority at the moment. Thanks again. Yoj 13