Book washing machine & appliance repairs Buy appliance spare parts

Note: The links above are needed to help keep this site running, please consider using them.

uas66

Broke tacho coil wires connector

Hello,
Yesterday I broke the 2 wires of the tacho coil (the 2 wires that go into the coil). Is there a way to solder back the 2 wires in the coil.

I cut a little of the plastic housing, and inside a side wires going through. Are those wires connected to each other, or is there a begin and an end?

Thanks in advance!

public_750e9098931cd12f270df9027bc5f104.jpg

Book washing machine & appliance repairs Buy appliance spare parts

Note: The links above are needed to help keep this site running, please consider using them.

I wouldn't think you'd have much luck. I imagine it would be one long thin wire wrapped thousands of times. You might be able to buy a new one from 4Washerhelp Tacho coils for washing machines

Need an engineer, or to buy appliance spare parts? Please use my affiliate links to support this forum.

Book appliance engineer | Buy your Spares (4Washerhelp)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

Thanks for your reply. The problem is that i can not find the tacho for my machine (bosch wfb4800) is it possible to use another brand tacho with the same dimensions etc?

It may well not be available for your motor. It is possible that one of the other tacho coils would work. many motors are essentially the same across brands. But no guarantee. You might find very small differences that make it not fit. If you see one that looks the same and is cheap enough to take a punt on you might want to try but I can't point to one that I know would work.

Need an engineer, or to buy appliance spare parts? Please use my affiliate links to support this forum.

Book appliance engineer | Buy your Spares (4Washerhelp)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.