Appliance Offers
newbuilder

Excessive vibration on Candy GVS 148D3-80

Hi, first time poster and problem solver. 

The machine in question managed to tangle up the bedsheets resulting in an unbalanced load. The OH let the load continue and as a result the machine bounced out of the space and turned 90 degrees. It also burst the door seal and caused a scrape in the glass. I didn't see it but it must have sounded like an earthquake. 

Since then the machine has an excessive vibration during the spin. 

The machine is level and does not move when spinning, the drum shakes from side to side but on rotating it by hand their is no bearing grind or thump and whant moving it forward and backwards their is no gapping between the seal and the drum. 

I haven't yet checked the bolts holding the concrete weight but have ordered a new seal and will do this at the time. 

When in full spin the vibration can be felt in the floor in the next room. 

Is there anything else this could be? Springs, dampers etc? and what should I be looking out for whilst I have the top open to get to the seal?

Many thanks. 

Book washing machine & appliance repairs Buy appliance spare parts

Note: The links above are needed to help keep this site running, please consider using them.

Hello there. I would suspect problems with suspension dampers you need to take up the back panel and have a good look inside to see if anything is obvious. Washing machine suspension dampers these days are often pretty cheap plastic things. One might have broken or come loose.

Need an engineer, or to buy appliance spare parts? Please use my affiliate links to support this forum.

Book appliance engineer | Buy your Spares (4Washerhelp)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

Hi Andy

Thanks for the feedback. 

I have had a good look and there is no visible cracks or failing parts but on grasping each piston I can wobble the outer sleeve from left to right a little. Could this be wear and tear?

A few videos

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LhMmh1LPQt13AYGzz_z_96zrvGhYowJk (326MB)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dE-u1ppgi53ORBltc40gLSwo6zbdTN9N (79MB)

Hello there. I can only access the second link. If that washing machine has a load of laundry inside the drum it doesn't seem abnormal to me at all. On the other hand if there is no laundry inside the drum then it is excessively vibrating.

Need an engineer, or to buy appliance spare parts? Please use my affiliate links to support this forum.

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

The machine sounded normal for 3 towels in it. 3 towels are likely to cause more vibration than 7 or 8 because 3 isn’t enough so it would be unlikely to get balanced well.