Book washing machine & appliance repairs Buy appliance spare parts

Note: The links above are needed to help keep this site running, please consider using them.

greg_ip1@hotmail.com

Whirlpool washing machine leaking from back - please help identify part

Hi

My Whirlpool washing machine (7.5 years old) started leaking from the start of a wash during the first few minutes. I opened the back and found the leak coming from a black washer part which is connected to the electrical, as shown in the picture (circled in red).

The black washer was sticking out slightly, I pushed it back in and the leak seemed to slow down. Please can someone help me identify what part this is and what do I need to do to fix the leak? I am not familiar with the various parts at the back of the washer, but it seems weird to me that there is this black washer "plug" which seems quite loose currently, does it normally sit like this?

Washing machine 1-min.jpg

Book washing machine & appliance repairs Buy appliance spare parts

Note: The links above are needed to help keep this site running, please consider using them.

I can’t see any detail from the photo which is from too far away. Normally, a metal flange on the thermistor (or stat) is pushed into a thin groove at the top of the seal. But if it doesn’t have one and you can’t see any alt method it might just be a push fit although it should be tight. 

Thank you for your input Andy.

I have included a picture which shows the thermistor and the seal around it.

From further research, I believe I have found the part I need, which is £31.24. This feels a bit excessive for such a small component, am I missing something here?

https://www.4washerhelp.co.uk/search.pl?query=2566361OH

This also takes 10 days to dispatch. Is this something I can purchase from store in person?

Washing machine zoomed.jpg

Yes it looks like the right part. It also seems ludicrously expensive. It's not in stock which is why they quote up to 10 days. I would be tempted to thoroughly clean it up and dry it out then refit it with some silicone sealant.