John Lewis give 2 year guarantee on white goods appliances

Thanks Bob. I was hoping someone had a full price as in including labour. I’ll look up the current price of the part but I expect for Beko to repair it would be not far off £200. 

Need a repair or spare parts? 

Book a Repair | Buy Spares (Cheapest prices guaranteed)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

3 hours ago, Whitegoodshelp (Andy) said:

Thanks Bob. I was hoping someone had a full price as in including labour. I’ll look up the current price of the part but I expect for Beko to repair it would be not far off £200. 

I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure I saw the whole board on the Beko spare site (at least for my washing machine) and it was something like £79. It there were two options, one showed the board itself inside the casing (but the board/casing looked different to my machine...and all of the pictures in this thread yet its called "Main board PCB" so bit odd. The second option showed the black casing for the PCB which matches mine and all the pictuers here but it didn't show the inside of the case but it must also include the main board as £79 just for plastic case seems a bit extreme? hehe.

I guess you then have to add manual labour costs which would probably be equal to the part price to be honest. I mean, I didn't enquire about an engineer coming out but from past experience with these sorta things, the labour usually is pretty high... so probably looking at close to 150-200 for total job completion I would say which is why I am so glad I found this thread. I did have to buy some tools but the tools will last me a life time and so really the cost is about £3-4 for the DIODES and 1-2hours of my time. 

• Thanks 1

Hi Andy, bradaw42 posted 12 months ago "When I initially called BEKO, they wanted to send out an Engineer as out of warranty for around £160." I imagine that is just labour, but I also remember someone else quoting the charge but can't remember his name, seem to thing it was his second time and he did the fix himself on the second occasion.

Incidentally a seller on ebay "letstalkretro " is selling the fix complete with the "New Uprated" diode for £4.99, cheeky sod.😏

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bob12241 said:

Hi john205 I have since found the board priced between £60 & £65 +P&P depending on the model, the boards all look the same BUT you must use the correct board for your machine.

Ahh I see, yeah I'm not entirely certain but I think my board is the G10 version 

Hi, I have the same problem on my Beko. But it's Beko WDW85143 and my board is the G09 version. I tested all the diode. For me, D7 and D6 are burned out. Could someone give me a reference for ordering D6 and D7?

Thank's

Tocques.

1 hour ago, tocques said:

Hi, I have the same problem on my Beko. But it's Beko WDW85143 and my board is the G09 version. I tested all the diode. For me, D7 and D6 are burned out. Could someone give me a reference for ordering D6 and D7?

Thank's

Tocques.

Hi tocques, your D6 might not be blown, you must test D7 out of circuit, as said previously, a number of times, testing whilst connected can give false readings. The diode (D7) that most people are using is "stps2h100". The spec is 2A 100v schottky diode, any other diode with that spec and in the same package should do. If indeed D6 has blown, you might need to lift the diode to get a number off it, then check online to find a supplier.

Rob

• Like 1

Just now, bob12241 said:

Hi everyone, someone else using my username, I live in Manchester, not India, and not London. I do not use weed either.

Rob 😣

Hi Rob. Presumably not on this forum though?

Need a repair or spare parts? 

Book a Repair | Buy Spares (Cheapest prices guaranteed)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

Just now, Whitegoodshelp (Andy) said:

Hi Rob. Presumably not on this forum though?

No, not on this forum, someone alerted me to it as I use the same username on other sites as well. The individuals using it are using @bob12241, slight difference but could easily be linked to me. Frustrating as I can't do anything about it and there doesn't appear to be any logical reasoning behind it. My username is made up from a mix of Bob being short for Robert, and my Kelloggs employee ID, from years back. I have used this for over 20 years now.

Rob

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...