Hi Circuital, Nice to hear your machine working now. With regards to the dryer cutting out after a couple of minutes I can only offer the advice which you will probably find all over the internet. That is to check your dryer filters are clear and the elements are also clear. If you get a build up off lint on the filters it reduces the airflow across the elements resulting in them over heating and the thermal trip activating. Some have 2 trips the first trip is automatically resettable on over heat the second you have to manually reset as that is the fail safe should the first 1 fail. iIf you have checked the filters and all is ok, you may need to change the thermal trip, these have the temperature rating stamped on them. Do not go for a trip that is rated higher.

Regards Rob

• Like 1
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi, probably too late now but our washing machine, same make and model did the exact same thing. I am a qualified electrician and spent some time working out the wiring as Beko won't give the diagrams

Hi there, just came to say that Rob's post above turned out to be exactly what was wrong with mine as well! My washer was only 2 years old and suddenly stopped turning on one day. First I thought it w

Bob12241 you are a superstar! Same failure with my machine at a mere 18 months old. Like yourself, I'm not intimidated by the words "No user serviceable parts inside" but upon examination I could

Posted Images

Many thanks Bob, saved me a fortune.  Spot on with diagnosis of short circuited D7.  Replaced and wife very happy. Minimum of five purchased from Farnell's at under £10 including P&P. Consequently have four spares if anyone else requires replacement.

Bob. You are amazing. 

Need a repair or spare parts? 

Book a Repair | Buy Spares (Cheapest prices guaranteed)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

• 2 weeks later...

What a FANTASTIC thread. 

I'm assuming my washer drier has the same issue and I'm taking it apart as I post.

I get very cynical about stuff like this. Do diodes usually blow or could it be a case of Beko usings cheap/crap ones on purpose to get people to sign up to their monthly insurance plans? 

• Like 1

Hi everyone, just to comment that with all your help I've got my Beko WDR75431215 back up and running! :) Our machine is only about 2 years old so was pretty dismayed when it wouldn't turn on. 

I haven't done any electrics before other than gcse physics 15 years ago - at the time I couldn't have been less interested in circuit boards. Was pretty daunting resoldering the diode so I'm absolutely buzzing to report it worked! Cheers Bob and others 

• Thanks 1

Hi you don't need the fluke tester as it not suited (if memory serves)n but the multimeter should do the trick. If it has a diode symbol  on it (looks like a triangle with a bar across the top and tails both ends), there are loads of videos on the web that cover it in great detail and it is a simple process. You cannot test it 100% whilst in circuit, you need to desolder 1 leg and lift it clear  to test as other components have an affect on your readings. Just Google "Diode Testing"

Regards Rob

• Like 1

Hi All,

I would really like to extend thanks to bob12241 - and other contributors on this thread.

We have a BEKO WDX8543130W purchased August 2018 which stopped working over a week ago mid-September, with the lights off on the main pannel failure and hearing the very slight (mouse type) beep coming from the machine. After googling and finding this thread/forum for which I am eternally greatful, we set out to fix it.

Therefore, for a 45p Schottky Rectifier (100V 2A DO-204AL) and a £12 Solder kit from Amazon, we fixed the machine within 45 minutes based upon comments and very very appreciated uploaded photos to this thread, and the problem was indeed to the D7 rectifier/diode on the Main Control Unit.

When I initially called BEKO, they wanted to send out an Engineer as out of warranty for around £160. A local domestic appliance engineer I call said he would not come round because it is a known issue with machine and I would not get a PCB for 2 months (so to order one myself at cost of about £70 then call him).

I really think that BEKO should be ashammed of themselves for using subservent parts on construction that will make the machine fail after just two years a of use. I would email them directly if I thought it would have have any use.

So - Bob I'd like to buy you a drink or send money to a charity of your choice if you would like to PM me your preference. 

Thanks a lot to everyone - saved a hell of a lot of money.

Edited by bradaw42
  • Like 1

Again many thanks to bob12241!

I had this same issue with my Beko 3 years old WDR7543121B with the mother board number G09, the machine didn't turned / power on and after testing D7 that was where the problem was! 

Saved me quite a few £££'s

• Thanks 1

Just signed up to say a massive thank you to @bob12241, replacing the D7 diode on the main controller of my 16 month old Beko WDR8543121W washer drier solved the issue of my machine not turning on too. Followed the advice of others by buying an up-rated STPS2H100 Schottky Rectifying 100V 2A diode, so total repair cost was just £2.10! Interestingly I was getting strange / unexpected readings from other diodes so wasn't sure if they were bust too, but I think as someone on the thread point out, you won't necessarily get accurate readings when testing diodes soldered onto a board (need to de-solder a leg for an accurate test?) and sure enough, the other diodes were fine, it was just the D7 diode which needed replacing.

So glad I came across this thread and amazing to see it's still going strong, helping others with the same problem a few years on! Thank you @bob12241!

• Thanks 1