Appliance Offers

I also had the same problem, the machine stopped dead in the middle of a cycle, I found this thread and I am delighted to say that on Saturday we swapped out the D7 and the machine sprang back to life. 

Thanks for posting the solution bob12241 and thanks to jonboyuk for your step by step guide as we have the exact same model. Saved me around £350 and I now know how to do a spot of soldering.

• Like 1

Book washing machine & appliance repairs

Ransom Spares

Note: The links above are needed to help keep this site running, please consider using them.

Hi, 

My beko washing machine WDIY854310 suddenly lost power front panel last month. I found the diode D7 in the main power PCB was faulty, then ordered a new diode as Rob advised to replace D7 but still no power to front panel, when power on, only a beep can be heard. 
Could anyone tell me what other problem would be and what to do next? Thanks. 
Regards, 

Joe 

Hi Joe , I can't offer any real advice other than making sure the diode is soldered in the right way round, The silver band indicates the orientation. The diode is likely to fail if some other fault occurred thus overloading the power supply.

Regards Rob

Edited by bob12241
additional detail
  • Like 1

Thank you again to bob12241 as I have today replaced the diode D7 all okay now. Another one to add to the list 18 Months old. Thanks again Rob

• Like 1

Thanks you so much bob12241 !!

Beko WDR7543121S which was less than 2 years old exhibited exactly the same symptoms after being left switched off for 3 months in an empty flat during the lockdown. £1.80 replacement D7 diode ordered from ebay duly sorted the problem in just over an hour from start to finish. My son was absolutely astonished when we switched on the power and heard the startup 'beep' !! 

The savings have been donated the NHS combined charities fund.

Regards,

Mark  

• Like 1

Hy bob12241,

Today I just get home after job and my partner told me that the washer Dryer suddenly stopped to work. I tried to reset it, but no display nothing. When I switch off an on the main switch than sounds like wanna do something, locking the door and wanna take the washing powder from where my partner putted in( obviously was nothing there because I think the washing was done and when was switched to drying seems like its started but later I thinking it stopped and later the fault happened and the clots stay wet), but only for 1 sec u hear this voice and that is it later u hear that the machine wanna start but just for 1 sec again and suddenly stop, door still locked. Does not  matter what button u pushing is no respond. The door only unlock itself when I switch off the electricity. No light or anything on the display.

The model is BEKO WDX8543130G

U think could be the same fault?

Regards,

Milus

Edited by Milus1989

Hi Milus

I cannot say it is the same fault as it does occasionally show different symptoms eg: low, almost silent beeps, and very dull indication for a minute or 2 as mine did, but two things are common and that is (1) no display and (2) no response to any buttons. The only thing you can do is check the diode yourself to which a full run down is shown complete with pictures courtesy of Jonboyuk. Do not attempt this if you are not able or unsure, you might be able to get a friend who is capable to check it out for you. Repair engineers are unlikely to do this as it is not in their remit plus it doesn't guarantee that something else is also wrong, 

Regards Rob

• Like 1

You just saved me £350 on a new washing machine. Got the diode for £2.10 off ebay. A couple of hours carefully removing connectors and labelling them for re-assembly. Fitted new diode and all working again now.

Thanks very much! 

• Like 1

On 06/10/2019 at 18:18, bob12241 said:

Be prepared, the majority of  repair agents can't be bothered to (or just can't)  work down to component level and a new power supply will knock you back £76 at the last time I looked it up (that's not from the dealers too), and he will want his money on top. Be prepared to say goodbye to £120. If they misdiagnose ( there are a lot of cowboys working for themselves, same as any trade though) you will still pay for the part and time, and go through it all again or scrap it. Shame you don't know anyone with the skills to have a look as it will come a damn sight cheaper, and if it's a misdiagnosis it hasn't cost as much. If you do I can talk them through it if needed on my personal email.

Regards Rob

This problem has just occurred on my mum's machine. Going to buy the part and see if someone can fix it for her. Could someone link to the Diode you bought? Also if she can't get anyone I am happy to replace it but I won't be at hers for another week or so, @bob12241 if you are still happy to email and talk through the process it would be appreciated. You can email me at woodallbeth@googlemail.com

My thanks to everyone who contributed to this post.  Washing machine powered off part way through a wash, and the fix was exactly as described here.  I replaced the diode at G7 and now it is working perfectly.

@woodall1979 i bought a pack of these from here:

https://uk.farnell.com/stmicroelectronics/stps2h100/schottky-rectifier-100v-2a-do/dp/2849663?CMP=KNC-GUK-GEN-KWL-RLSA-PUR-TEST-47B&mckv=_dc|pcrid|444436191572|&gclid=CjwKCAjwjqT5BRAPEiwAJlBuBT4FFQtAcCum8PN7ktiMU2koB3Tetuze7gLKR1Za5MHpz4toUl6zBhoChW4QAvD_BwE

I'm certain you could nab it elsewhere for much cheaper, but these did arrive the next day however.

BTWthe step by step instructions on page three are absolutely spot on.  I haven't soldered anything before and this was a fairly easy process.  Just check out a soldering guide for beginners on youtube if you are unsure.

• Like 1