I also had the same problem, the machine stopped dead in the middle of a cycle, I found this thread and I am delighted to say that on Saturday we swapped out the D7 and the machine sprang back to life. 

Thanks for posting the solution bob12241 and thanks to jonboyuk for your step by step guide as we have the exact same model. Saved me around £350 and I now know how to do a spot of soldering.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi, probably too late now but our washing machine, same make and model did the exact same thing. I am a qualified electrician and spent some time working out the wiring as Beko won't give the diagrams

Hi there, just came to say that Rob's post above turned out to be exactly what was wrong with mine as well! My washer was only 2 years old and suddenly stopped turning on one day. First I thought it w

Happy my post is still helping people, but cannot stress enough don't do it if you are not confident and always remove the power by unplugging, as this test can and must be performed without power. Ma

Posted Images

Hi, 

My beko washing machine WDIY854310 suddenly lost power front panel last month. I found the diode D7 in the main power PCB was faulty, then ordered a new diode as Rob advised to replace D7 but still no power to front panel, when power on, only a beep can be heard. 
Could anyone tell me what other problem would be and what to do next? Thanks. 
Regards, 

Joe 

Hi Joe , I can't offer any real advice other than making sure the diode is soldered in the right way round, The silver band indicates the orientation. The diode is likely to fail if some other fault occurred thus overloading the power supply.

Regards Rob

Edited by bob12241
additional detail
  • Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Thanks you so much bob12241 !!

Beko WDR7543121S which was less than 2 years old exhibited exactly the same symptoms after being left switched off for 3 months in an empty flat during the lockdown. £1.80 replacement D7 diode ordered from ebay duly sorted the problem in just over an hour from start to finish. My son was absolutely astonished when we switched on the power and heard the startup 'beep' !! 

The savings have been donated the NHS combined charities fund.

Regards,

Mark  

• Like 1

Hy bob12241,

Today I just get home after job and my partner told me that the washer Dryer suddenly stopped to work. I tried to reset it, but no display nothing. When I switch off an on the main switch than sounds like wanna do something, locking the door and wanna take the washing powder from where my partner putted in( obviously was nothing there because I think the washing was done and when was switched to drying seems like its started but later I thinking it stopped and later the fault happened and the clots stay wet), but only for 1 sec u hear this voice and that is it later u hear that the machine wanna start but just for 1 sec again and suddenly stop, door still locked. Does not  matter what button u pushing is no respond. The door only unlock itself when I switch off the electricity. No light or anything on the display.

The model is BEKO WDX8543130G

U think could be the same fault?

Regards,

Milus

Edited by Milus1989

Hi Milus

I cannot say it is the same fault as it does occasionally show different symptoms eg: low, almost silent beeps, and very dull indication for a minute or 2 as mine did, but two things are common and that is (1) no display and (2) no response to any buttons. The only thing you can do is check the diode yourself to which a full run down is shown complete with pictures courtesy of Jonboyuk. Do not attempt this if you are not able or unsure, you might be able to get a friend who is capable to check it out for you. Repair engineers are unlikely to do this as it is not in their remit plus it doesn't guarantee that something else is also wrong, 

Regards Rob

• Like 1

You just saved me £350 on a new washing machine. Got the diode for £2.10 off ebay. A couple of hours carefully removing connectors and labelling them for re-assembly. Fitted new diode and all working again now.

Thanks very much! 

• Like 1
On 06/10/2019 at 18:18, bob12241 said:

Be prepared, the majority of  repair agents can't be bothered to (or just can't)  work down to component level and a new power supply will knock you back £76 at the last time I looked it up (that's not from the dealers too), and he will want his money on top. Be prepared to say goodbye to £120. If they misdiagnose ( there are a lot of cowboys working for themselves, same as any trade though) you will still pay for the part and time, and go through it all again or scrap it. Shame you don't know anyone with the skills to have a look as it will come a damn sight cheaper, and if it's a misdiagnosis it hasn't cost as much. If you do I can talk them through it if needed on my personal email.

Regards Rob

This problem has just occurred on my mum's machine. Going to buy the part and see if someone can fix it for her. Could someone link to the Diode you bought? Also if she can't get anyone I am happy to replace it but I won't be at hers for another week or so, @bob12241 if you are still happy to email and talk through the process it would be appreciated. You can email me at woodallbeth@googlemail.com

My thanks to everyone who contributed to this post.  Washing machine powered off part way through a wash, and the fix was exactly as described here.  I replaced the diode at G7 and now it is working perfectly.

@woodall1979 i bought a pack of these from here:

https://uk.farnell.com/stmicroelectronics/stps2h100/schottky-rectifier-100v-2a-do/dp/2849663?CMP=KNC-GUK-GEN-KWL-RLSA-PUR-TEST-47B&mckv=_dc|pcrid|444436191572|&gclid=CjwKCAjwjqT5BRAPEiwAJlBuBT4FFQtAcCum8PN7ktiMU2koB3Tetuze7gLKR1Za5MHpz4toUl6zBhoChW4QAvD_BwE

I'm certain you could nab it elsewhere for much cheaper, but these did arrive the next day however.

BTWthe step by step instructions on page three are absolutely spot on.  I haven't soldered anything before and this was a fairly easy process.  Just check out a soldering guide for beginners on youtube if you are unsure.

• Like 1

hi all,

I wanted to drop a note to say thanks to the suggestions of the spark. I had exactly the same issue after my caravan tripped, the washing machine was plugged in, switched on (but not being used) and seemed to be the only casualty of the trip!

If it wasn't for this thread, and the £5.06 for a pack of 5 replacement D7 parts, I would have been getting a new £2-300 machine.

Thank you, D7 is definitely a problem here, Beko take note!

• Thanks 1

Owner of an 11 month old Beko washer dryer (Beko WDIY854310F_WH) here. We just welcomed twins into our family a few weeks ago and, promptly, the machine died. A missed engineer appointment and now almost a three week lead time for the replacement part (what good is a warranty if it takes nearly a month to get the problem resolved) has forced me into taking matters into my own hands as we're drowning in dirty laundry and have no clean clothes for our babies.. my machine is exhibiting the same behaviour as it has for others (dead display, very feint beep emanating from inside when switched on at the mains) so I've ordered the diodes from Farnell and going to dig out the multimeter later to confirm the diode is dead on the board and attempt replacement. 

If indeed it does resolve the problem, I owe the original solvers of the problem a pint or 4. I'll update later when I've attempted the repair! 

Have a Beko wdx8543130w washer/dryer, completely dead.

Beko wanted either £130 minimum for a call out, or £174 for a years extended warranty.

Followed the instructions as given in this thread, fitted a new diode, now works perfectly.
Thank you very much to Bob and everyone else who has contributed to this forum.

This is clearly a manufacturing fault that Beko are profiting hugely from, every time they replace a board, they are replacing it with the same type of faulty board that will break again! disgusting.

Thanks again to everyone here, saving people thousands.

• Like 2

Hi to all again, looks like another run of Beko machines with the same fault. I can't help but think how many customers have had this problem and had to get a service engineer to fix it, this forum has produced a high amount of satisfied people who have repaired their own machines at a fraction of the cost, representing a  small percentage of actual faults. Its a shame this can't be brought into a wider audience then Beko might be shamed into doing something about it. My thanks go to Andy for his efforts and this website.  I have previously alerted Beko to the problem but have had no response  as to any action they will take, just congratulating me on finding an economic repair. Anyone wishing to donate any money, please give to the NHS as I have recently had to make use of their services after an accident that nearly severed my index finger and for their unrelenting efforts at this time.

Regards Rob

• Like 1

Many thanks Bob. The success of this thread has been remarkable thanks to you. As an experienced appliance engineer working on appliances for over 40 years I have rarely repaired any PCB. I have never replaced any component inside one. All I've ever done is solder up dry joints and felt very pleased with myself about it :)

The reason being that appliance engineers are not taught anything about electronics, and appliance manufacturer's do not supply any circuit diagrams for them nor do they supply any parts for them. It's incredibly wasteful but arguably it's probably best that we don't mess with them. Appliance engineers are rarely interested in the actual electronics. However, this thread shows that any domestic appliance engineer with proper electronics knowledge would have a distinct advantage indeed.

Need a repair or spare parts? 

Book a Repair | Buy Spares (Cheapest prices guaranteed)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

Hi there, would just like to say a big ' Thank You' to bob12241 for his Beko washer/dryer 'Diode' fix, and thanks also to jonboyuk for the extra photos provided and info., the D7 diode fix worked a treat on our model WDR7543121S, sourced the part on a well known auction site in the end to enable a quicker delivery. Thanks again bob12241, your efforts and information have helped to keep washing machine costs for so many people. Kind Regards Tony

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, MiCoHi said:

Any harm in using a 100V 5A Shottky?

Sorry I have absolutely no experience on the electronics components so I could not advise personally.

Need a repair or spare parts? 

Book a Repair | Buy Spares (Cheapest prices guaranteed)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

Thanks Bob - decided to go for the slightly uprated 2A diode instead of running with the 5A - extra day wait from Farnell, but here's another success story after a 2 minute, £2 repair to my Beko WDR7543121W washer/dryer, which also just stopped working overnight.

Beko probably don't give a monkey's that they have a batch of PCBs with a poor quality component on them and to be fair, it's not wholly Beko's fault.  I'd be interested to know if there is a particular manufacture date affected by this.  For info, my machine was bought on 11th August 2018 and failed on 5th September 2020.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Much gratitude to bob12241 and jonboyuk for taking the time to write these instructions. My 4 year old Beko had precisely this problem and  replacing the D7 diode with a 'STPS2H100 Schottky Rectifying Diode 100V 2A' did the trick! Now I just need to fix the issue with the dryer that cuts out after a minute or two!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Circuital said:

Much gratitude to bob12241 and jonboyuk for taking the time to write these instructions. My 4 year old Beko had precisely this problem and  replacing the D7 diode with a 'STPS2H100 Schottky Rectifying Diode 100V 2A' did the trick! Now I just need to fix the issue with the dryer that cuts out after a minute or two!

By the way, the model of my Beko is a WDIR7543101 and the instructions matched the design perfectly.