Appliance Offers
Louise

Beko leaking from a small tube at top of washer

can anyone help, got a Beko washer thats been leaking when draining/spinning.  Found the fault is a small black hose at top of machine under lid.  It looks like it has perhaps had a bung or something in it?  

Book washing machine & appliance repairs Buy appliance spare parts

Note: The links above are needed to help keep this site running, please consider using them.

Is there nothing it should be connected to? Presumably it's connected at least at one end, what is it connected to? It doesn't really make sense for a hose to be present but just have a bung at the end.

Need an engineer, or to buy appliance spare parts? Please use my affiliate links to support this forum.

Book appliance engineer | Buy your Spares (4Washerhelp)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

There is often a small hose with a bung in it or connected to a dead end bung which is used to drain the washing machine if it gets stuck full of water but this hose would be at the bottom of the washing machine right next to the pump. I honestly can't think of any reason why there would be 2nd hose attached to the drain hose. Only water that needs pumping out down the drain should go into the drain hose, so it would be crazy to attach a hose to it so that water could flood onto the floor. Likewise it wouldn't make any sense to have a 2nd hose attached to the drain hose but with a bung fitted to it. As I said the only hose with a bung but I can think of would be to allow to drain out the water if it got stuck full of water but this hose would not drain if it was at the top of the machine. Sorry I can't be any more help at the moment but it doesn't make any sense to me for now.

Need an engineer, or to buy appliance spare parts? Please use my affiliate links to support this forum.

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

Hi

A friends Beko washer had the same problem as Louise's washer . This small tube is connected to the plastic elbow where the waste pipe exits the machine at the top back right . It looks like it has something fitted to it as the pipe end has been widened . I have blanked off this pipe and the machine works fine . It just bugs me what this pipe is for and i have been looking on the internet all day without success until read Louise's post . Like Andy said cant be an emergency drain because it is at the top of the machine . 

Regards Ian   

Have you a photo of it? Could it be a breather pipe to let steam out or air in?

Same problem with BEKO small black pipe, and BEKO cannot advise what this small black pipe is for, which I find totally unbelievable, as there must be some kind of specification that the manufacturers work to when building these machines.  

Just wondered if anyone had an update regarding this pipe, as we have a machine that may have been leaking for two years, only highlighted by the fact that the skirting board is pulling away from an internal wall in the location of the washing machine.

Please help

Fix for this problem! 

Also had the same problem with my beko washing machine with water leaking out of this black hose that connects to the drain pipe housing at the top of the machine. The black hose just needs to be pushed back onto the nipple on the back of the drum.