Appliance Offers
suffolkpaul

2nd User Miele Better Than A New Bosch?

we are moving house next Friday - we were going to get my best friends old spare indesit washer to help us out of a hole for the first few months, however after a few tests hte old thing isnt very relieable its keeps stopping mid program and refuses to drain :(

therefore to save a few quid we have thought about getting a 2nd user miele of about 2-3 years old for about the same if not less than a new bosch/aeg/similar. After all, like my old vw, a good well built machine doesnt become a badly built machine over such a short period of time.

the only downside i can think of is a lack of warranty but a £500+plus machine for £150 seems like a good idea.

does this sound like a good plan?

p.s. im going to look at a 3 year old NOVOTRONIC W864 tomorow evening - a local engineer seems to buy them, service them and sell them. if you can give me any advice by tomorrow event it would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

Edited by suffolkpaul

Book washing machine & appliance repairs

Ransom Spares

Note: The links above are needed to help keep this site running, please consider using them.

The Indesit isn't a patch on a Bosch or Miele, but if it's only required for a few months or so it might do if you got it running. If the washing machine doesn't empty the water, it could be something simple like a blocked filter. You could try checking the basics here - Washing machine won't empty water

Otherwise, a second hand Miele washing machine of 3 or 4 years old should be a better prospect than a brand new Bosch or AEG in the same way that a 2 or 3 year old BMW could be argued to be a better buy than a brand new Ford Focus. However, a bit of a gamble is definitely required. Obviously the guarantee on the new one is attractive, but if you are unlucky enough to need to spend money on the second hand Miele is should still be worth fixing. They are expected to last 20 years - although as with anything, an owner has to be prepeared to invest money in repairs along the way.

Need an engineer, or to buy appliance spare parts? Please use my affiliate links to support this forum.

Book appliance engineer | Buy your appliance Spares 

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

.....Otherwise, a second hand Miele washing machine of 3 or 4 years old should be a better prospect than a brand new Bosch or AEG in the same way that a 2 or 3 year old BMW could be argued to be a better buy than a brand new Ford Focus. However, a bit of a gamble is definitely required. Obviously the guarantee on the new one is attractive, but if you are unlucky enough to need to spend money on the second hand Miele is should still be worth fixing. They are expected to last 20 years - although as with anything, an owner has to be prepeared to invest money in repairs along the way.

Thanks very much - thats what i figured. I would rather buy the miele then have the indesit and have to pay to get that fixed - i value my time too much to start fiddlign around myself with a washer that we probably wouldnt kepe for longer than 6 months anyway. a Miele for £150 is very apealing - i thinks its worth the gamble.