Book washing machine & appliance repairs Buy appliance spare parts

Note: The links above are needed to help keep this site running, please consider using them.

Samr39

Which washing detergent?

So after finally getting my first wash done in my new Samsung eco bubble washing machine. And being told that it didn’t matter which one I used. After the wash and opening the drawer noticed that at least half of the surf powder was still there. When fitted was only connected to the cold water supply. From my previous experience the powder dissolved better in warm water. Would liquid detergent be a better choice? Tia.

Book washing machine & appliance repairs Buy appliance spare parts

Note: The links above are needed to help keep this site running, please consider using them.

Yes the detergent does dissolve better in warm water but the detergent isn't supposed to dissolve in the drawer. The detergent is just flushed down into the drum. So if detergent is left inside the drawer then it implies that the water pressure wasn't great enough to flush it all down into the drum. Another possibility is if the washing machine is sloping slightly forward or backward. Make sure that the washing machine is properly level from front to back as well as from side to side. Make sure the water supply to the washing machine is on fully. The detergent is supposed to dissolve inside the drum which will easily happen as the water warms up and the drum agitates backwards and forwards.

Ok Andy. Thanks for taking the time to reply. The machine was installed by know how c/o Currys so it was installed correctly. The switch on the cold water outlet broke whilst turning on due to the exceptional cold weather conditions we had at time off fitting. I’ll check and see if it’s fully on. Bought some pods and gonna give them a try.

Thanks for the update. To be perfectly honest if it was installed by people working for the retailer there's no guarantee that it was properly levelled up. Maybe if these guys work directly for Currys they will have done it properly but I've heard countless tales of people playing a retailer for installation and receiving very poor service. I even remember calling out to a few where they hadn't even taken out the transit packaging. A lot of retailers just use third-party companies and they don't pay them much. Many of the people installing and connecting up these appliances are just delivery men. Make sure you have good water pressure.

To check properly you can’t assume there is a healthy water supply even if the tap is fully open. There could be a fault in the plumbing like the tap is faulty inside and not actually opening fully. 

Disconnect the fill hose from the washing machine and point it into the sink or a bucket. Then turn the tap on fully and see if the water pressure is good enough.