Appliance Offers

I've got a Miele W970, I think from 2001, which until a few months ago, never gave me a moment's trouble.  Then the door latch failed (got Miele out to fix it, which was't cheap).  Now it has developed a leak. I've knackered my rotator cuff, so I can't pull it out to get at the back of it, and it seems to be enclosed underneath, so it's hard tell where the leak is coming from.  It doesn't help that the user manual is sparse and I can't find a service manual.   It's not a huge leak (maybe half a litre?) and it only leaks on pumping out, though it seems to leak faster when spinning.  Just from that, is it possible to tell roughly what is wrong?  Eg whether it needs a new pump, or just a new hose?  It's a brilliant machine and I'd like to repair it if it's economical to do so.  But I'd like to know whether it's arm-and-a-leg territory before calling Miele again.

Grateful for any advice!

Book washing machine & appliance repairs Buy appliance spare parts

Note: The links above are needed to help keep this site running, please consider using them.

The only thing you can check without pulling it out is the pump filter. Take it out and clean it all and inside where the filter fits. Make sure it’s refitted properly and nice and tight. If it’s not that it could be anything. 

Need an engineer, or to buy appliance spare parts? Please use my affiliate links to support this forum.

Book appliance engineer | Buy your Spares (4Washerhelp)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

Thanks Andy - alas, I did that first thing, wiped over all of the threads to make sure there wasn't anything stuck in there or gunked up, and checked the rubber seal bits.  All fine, and put back and screwed back tight.  Still leaking.  Not huge amounts, and not obviously getting worse so I'm guessing it's not as simple as a split hose.  Meh.

It’s not necessarily serious, but it will need pulling out to inspect it and they are very heavy. 

Need an engineer, or to buy appliance spare parts? Please use my affiliate links to support this forum.

Book appliance engineer | Buy your Spares (4Washerhelp)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.