Book washing machine & appliance repairs Buy appliance spare parts

Note: The links above are needed to help keep this site running, please consider using them.

Smoothy

Advice On Zanussi Washing Machines

Hi.

Read your site thanks to Google, brilliant!

Anyway, I went to Comet and was all set to buy an Indesit but decided to hang off and check Google to see what advice was on there (well, my first question was why do washing machines only fill with cold water these days). Your site came up and lets just say thank God it did, really opened up my eyes.

So anyway, after perusing your site and looking at various washing machines on the manufacturer's site and decided that I would like to get a Zanussi or Bendix. My budget is around £300-ish. Basically I've just moved into a flat which has large storage heaters (no central heating) so I anticipate that it'd be hard to dry my clothes conventionally (my last flat had radiators which dried the clothes quickly!). So any washing machine I buy has to be able to dry my clothes as much as I can. So potentially I'd need a quick-spin machine, maybe a 1400 or 1600RPM machine. Here's my selection:

Zanussi ZWF1431S

Zanussi ZWF1651S

Zanussi ZWF1421W

Zanussi ZWF1621W

I did have a Bendix in my last flat and am glad that you recommend this due to it simply being a budget Zanussi. I was looking at this one:

Bendix BIW145W

What do you think of those models?

If I can get a silver one, I'd prefer it, although looking around there doesn't seem to be an abundance of silver ones being sold.

If you have your own recommendations, I'd like to hear them.

Thanks.

Book washing machine & appliance repairs Buy appliance spare parts

Note: The links above are needed to help keep this site running, please consider using them.

Hi there there is an auction site for Comet which seems to have some bargains.It is www.clearance-comet.co.uk don't know if they have what you want but it's worth a try . Genny

Thanks Smoothy.

Like all coloured washing machines, Silver ones are subject to fashion and maybe they are now less popular - until they come back round again.

The Tricity Bendix BIW145W washing machine is OK if you are looking for a no-thrills budget washing machine. It's got a fast 1400 and a 5Kg drum. 5 Kg drums are what we've had for years, and if you've never wished you can get more washing in they are still OK. If you have a lot of washing though, it may be more economical to have a washing machine with a bigger drum. I found the BIW145W at between £195 and £245 on PriceRunner, and between £199 and £245 on Kelkoo.

The Zanussi brand (although made by the same company that owns AEG and Tricity Bendix), is a little more sophisticated and has more features. The ZWF1431S spins at the same 1400 but has a slightly larger 6Kg drum capacity. I found prices between £269 and £371.67at PriceRunner and £299.99 to £426 at Kelkoo. The difference in price between these first two washing machines is the larger 6Kg drum, plus the software and "wash technology" which should make a more economical washing machine. There are also several minor extra options and features.

The ZWF1651S has a top spin of 1600 RPM and an even bigger 7Kg drum. It also has LED screen display and the "Jetsystem wash technology", which mainly boils down to a system that sprays water over the washing using a separate pump, which reduces the amount of water the washing machine needs to use. This model also claims to be, "very quiet (58db)". However, there's a big jump in price here - £572 - £590 at Kelkoo

and £519 - £590 at PriceRunner. It looks over your budget. The high price is mainly for the faster spin and larger drum, but these aren't essential for most people, and they are benefits supplied at premium prices.

I found the Zanussi ZWF1421W at £249 - £369 at Kelkoo and £237 - £353 on PriceRunner. It's another 1400 spin 1400 6Kg drum capacity and the ZWF1621W is 1600 RPM £241 - £393 on Kelkoo and £274 - £388 on PriceRunner.

It boils down to deciding which features you are prepared to pay for, faster spin speeds and bigger drums account for most of the higher prices. I’d look at Bosch too.

Hi!

Thanks for your help, I plonked for a Zanussi ZWF1621W just over two weeks ago, £300 from Comet (helped that it was a supposed "Triple A" rated machine). Was delivered a week ago and it's been excellent. Good thing about this is that the washing cycle is pretty similar to the Bendix I had in my previous flat so I'm pretty reassured in that respect.

I've bookmarked this site, very very useful.

No problem smile.gif

Here are some links for sections on Washerhelp which may be useful for anyone researching to buy a new washing machine -

Hi again

You won't believe this but I still have the ZWF1621W (living in a house now) and it still works fine with zero issues.  In fact it's washing clothes now.

Only thing I needed to do was to replace the glass on the door after I broke it (don't ask), from some online parts replacement site.  Turned out replacing it was a lot lot easier than I thought and took minutes to do.

I still visit this site, and the Whitegoodhelp site occasionally even though I haven't bought anything in years, congrats on the good job in doling out great advice.

Hello again Smoothy. That's great news about how well the washing machine you chose has lasted. And thanks very much keeping coming back and your feedback.