Appliance Offers
Funter

Hotpoint WMFUG742 beeping

Book washing machine & appliance repairs Buy appliance spare parts

Note: The links above are needed to help keep this site running, please consider using them.

Hello. Have you looked at the instruction book to see if it says what the beeping means? Also, how is it beeping? Is it a constant repeated beep or a set number of beeps that repeats after a a pause? Finally, does the washing machine otherwise finish OK or does it stop working properly? 

Need an engineer, or to buy appliance spare parts? Please use my affiliate links to support this forum.

Book appliance engineer | Buy your Spares (4Washerhelp)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

Hi Andy, many thanks for your reply. There is no set pattern to the beeps, it just does it randomly. Unfortunately there is no mention of it in the instruction booklet. The washing machine is working perfectly other than the beeps.

Very strange. Some washing machines can beep once the washer has finished if they go into an anti crease mode. My Miele does. It just turns the drum every now and then and beeps. But during the wash cycle I don't know of anything that should beep unless there was a fault. But if it runs OK and washes and spins the laundry OK it sounds like there isn't. Definitely keep an eye on it.

Need an engineer, or to buy appliance spare parts? Please use my affiliate links to support this forum.

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

We have this same issue with the same model. The washer runs as normal and the display is as normal but it beeps for no obvious reason. Its will beep three short beeps within about a second and may do they between 1 and 4 times within about ten seconds. Then it sometimes doesn't repeat it for days and will sometimes do it ten times in one wash. There is absolutely no reference to audible alerts messages etc in the instructions. That booklet refers only to things on the display and to various behaviours. 

If it does it all through the cycle that's weird. If it only does it after the main spin at the end it will be anti-crease guard notification where the cycle is finished but the drum keeps turning intermittently to stop laundry getting creased.

Exactly the same problem with my hotpoint washer.  Beeping three short beeps, and repeats this within no set pattern.  Sometimes it might beep four or five short beeps.  No error messages, no problem with the wash. 

My machine does exactly the same. Does not appear to affect the wash cycle but really annoying if you are working near it.

I did wonder if it was the "smart" part of the programming adjusting the cycle as it ran but as per other posts, absolutely no mention in user guide or anything I have found on line.

It would be helpful if everybody with this issue could carefully watch their washing machine and then report back exactly what the washing machine is doing when they hear these beeps. We could then see if there is any correlation or pattern, or if it truly is at random. So for example, when it does the beeps what was the washing machine doing exactly before the beeps? Was it filling with water, had it just finished filling with water, had it just done a spin, was it draining the water, or was it just washing back and forth etc.? 

Mine is now doing this too. No error messages.. had it years and it has never done it before.. but it is beeping during the wash cycle.. 

I have run a cleaner through it and it seems to have stopped ?? Will see.. 

Did anyone ever get to the bottom of it ?

• Like 1

Hi. My washer is doing the same. It seems to be washing fine and I did a clean cycle a couple of weeks ago to see if it would stop, but it didn’t. Nothing about types of beeps in the booklet. Hotpoint/WMEF 742 experience 

Ours does it when water pressure is low.....next thing is H2O message, so then we refill tank from borehole & clean the little screen cap on the inlet.......have a problem now with other end: not pumping out (error message F05) Any advice?

hello Toby, That error code is in my troubleshooting guide Hotpoint Error Code F05