They actually didn't charge anything.. just a charge to return the board.

But officially, they charge £33.49 (through eBay) and then give the following refunds;

1. If No Fault Found following full functional testing, we will refund you 25% 
2. If No Fault Found but we don't have a full functional test, we will refund you in full
3. If we are unable to repair, we will refund you in full.
4. If you want it returned, there will be a £3.50 deduction for shipping.

I guess I was option 2, although I'm not sure how thoroughly they have been able to test it. I should get it back tomorrow.

Anyway, in the meantime, I Have stripped down the washer dryer for parts on eBay, and have purchased a new machine. :-) Trying a Samsung this time, as it has a 5 year warranty - never had Samsung before, so I hope that's not a mistake.

• Thanks 1
  • 5 months later...

hello all

interested to read this thread and realise others have had this issue with Bosch washing machines 

I have new Bosch Serie 2 WAJ28008GB  and after plumber had installed it wouldnt start the first program

i thought it might be the child lock so made sure this was off and then after several attempts at shutting the door and finally more firmly the machine started 

It has done one wash, but now whichever program i set it to, the symbol for door not closed comes up, flashes x 3 and synchronises beeping also 

Bosch to come and look at its new and not working !!

From reading the thread it looks like either lock itself is not working or the message from lock to say door shut to rest of machine to tell it to start 

i am going to check if child lock ever actually works as i think of it, which if not, might suggest the lock itself - or something else ... ?

bit disappointed with a dud start but at least its not only me who has come across this 

Edited by Susie W
grammar
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi All

no expert but reading all the information on here , I would say it’s a logic error on the controller chip , if someone else has this issue I suggest they pair up and pay £150 for a new board then send to qer so that both old and new board can be compared and chip program extracted from new one to be cloned to help others , long shot but just my thoughts as a computer science teacher.

if both boards working it’s a saving of 50% and helps others.

Hi. It would be a lot less of a gamble to send the PCB to QER who can test and repair them. 

Need a repair or spare parts? 

Book a Repair | Buy Spares (Cheapest prices guaranteed)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

Agree Andy but problem is QER cant check for a programming related issue on PCB's only that components such as resisters etc somewhat function hence why they said keith's was a no fix if they have checked a PCB and say electrically speaking its fine , can only be a controller chip issue , seems a shame a whole new PCB is needed one controller chip. 

Hi there. I'm not entirely sure exactly how they test them. It would be interesting to find out exactly how they test them and whether they have things rigged up for example to run motors or whether they can put them on a laptop with proper diagnostic software or not?

Need a repair or spare parts? 

Book a Repair | Buy Spares (Cheapest prices guaranteed)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I am new to the forum. But have recently come across same problem. My bosch machine is over 4yrs old, out of warranty, bosch engineer booked to come this Friday for £99 call out charges and extra for fixing. I kept fiddling and accidentally got it working once. And then kept trying again, but didnt work. I persisted, and eventually got it working multiple times. I dnt know how long this is going to last. This is what I am doing, i keep pressing start continuously so that machine locks and starts, usually with in 10 seconds. Dnt press and hold, but press & release, press & release, continuously, even between the clicks until you see the door lock symbol on screen. This somehow does the trick and locks the door, starts the run. £99 for engineer visit and another £200 for pcb board replace, i think you are better off with new one. I will try to hold this fix as long as this little trick works. Hope it helps anyone out there...

• Like 1