Book washing machine & appliance repairs

Ransom Spares

Note: The links above are needed to help keep this site running, please consider using them.

Georges

Bosch WVG30461GB/01 won't lock and start

They actually didn't charge anything.. just a charge to return the board.

But officially, they charge £33.49 (through eBay) and then give the following refunds;

1. If No Fault Found following full functional testing, we will refund you 25% 
2. If No Fault Found but we don't have a full functional test, we will refund you in full
3. If we are unable to repair, we will refund you in full.
4. If you want it returned, there will be a £3.50 deduction for shipping.

I guess I was option 2, although I'm not sure how thoroughly they have been able to test it. I should get it back tomorrow.

Anyway, in the meantime, I Have stripped down the washer dryer for parts on eBay, and have purchased a new machine. :-) Trying a Samsung this time, as it has a 5 year warranty - never had Samsung before, so I hope that's not a mistake.

• Thanks 1

Book washing machine & appliance repairs

Ransom Spares

Note: The links above are needed to help keep this site running, please consider using them.

hello all

interested to read this thread and realise others have had this issue with Bosch washing machines 

I have new Bosch Serie 2 WAJ28008GB  and after plumber had installed it wouldnt start the first program

i thought it might be the child lock so made sure this was off and then after several attempts at shutting the door and finally more firmly the machine started 

It has done one wash, but now whichever program i set it to, the symbol for door not closed comes up, flashes x 3 and synchronises beeping also 

Bosch to come and look at its new and not working !!

From reading the thread it looks like either lock itself is not working or the message from lock to say door shut to rest of machine to tell it to start 

i am going to check if child lock ever actually works as i think of it, which if not, might suggest the lock itself - or something else ... ?

bit disappointed with a dud start but at least its not only me who has come across this 

Edited by Susie W
grammar