Book washing machine & appliance repairs Buy appliance spare parts

Note: The links above are needed to help keep this site running, please consider using them.

NikkiSZ

New Electrolux Time Manager seems odd

Hiya,
Thanks for this forum, I'm new here so sorry if this ends up in the wrong place, though I'm definitely not asking for a repair.

I bought a new machine on the 5th of January, and the drum seems warped right from the start, I first decided maybe it was a new design of rotation but I'm not so sure, so need to ask so I will know one way or the other.

I made a short video to show what I mean.
Electrolux Ews 31074 nu

Thanks so much,
Nikki

• Like 1

Book washing machine & appliance repairs Buy appliance spare parts

Note: The links above are needed to help keep this site running, please consider using them.

Hello Nikki. Yes that does look a fair bit eliptical. If it isn't catching on the door seal it's difficult to know if the manufacturer would accept it as a fault or not though. The problem with it being eliptical like that is the potential for vibration on spin as the drum rim is out of true, and potential for things to get trapped in the gap that opens and closes as the drum revolves. Few drums are perfectly round at the rim and I've seen a lot out of true like that. 

Try putting it on spin with no laundry inside. Does it vibrate much on top speed? If it does you could try complaining. You could also try sending a link to the video to the manufacturer to see if they accept if it is normal or not.

• Like 2

Need an engineer, or to buy appliance spare parts? Please use my affiliate links to support this forum.

Book appliance engineer | Buy your Spares (4Washerhelp)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

Hello Andy,
Thank you so much for replying. I'm really not happy with it because as you say there is a far bigger chance of things going down that gap and the possible extra wear and tear on the bearings, (which is what my 8 yr old  Candy has just died of and this is the replacement) I will try your suggestion and see what happens. I have messaged Electrolux on their site contact form, I can't find an email for them so can't add the link, but hoping they will reply soon.

• Like 2

Please let us know how it goes. It will be useful for advising other people in the future.

• Like 2

Need an engineer, or to buy appliance spare parts? Please use my affiliate links to support this forum.

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

Ok I have an update - although I've heard nothing from Electrolux, I've messaged their FB page for an email and nothing via that way yet either. However, I've had an email from the store I bought it from and they have said that they want to visit my home to look at the machine for diagnostic and repair of my washing machine.

I actually live in Bulgaria I'm wondering if anyone knows what my rights are with regard to having to settle for repair, or could I realistically ask for a replacement does anyone know?

Thanks in advance

No idea about anywhere else but UK sorry.

It's ok, I found the EU consumer site, and Bulgaria has the exact same rules as the UK, it's up to the store what they decide to do basically, either a repair, replacement or refund.

• Like 1

Let us know what happens. Thanks.

Sorry for the late reply. Electrolux responded via email and their FB page, but despite telling me a local technician would be in touch no one ever did.
I also contacted the store it was purchased from and they did send a technician, who inspected it and states there's no problem with it, since he has been the gap is definitely smaller so i guess he must have done something when he took it apart. :huh:

Thanks for the group and trying to help.

• Like 1