Book washing machine & appliance repairs

Ransom Spares

Note: The links above are needed to help keep this site running, please consider using them.

Scalextrix

wtf130 load weight

Our old Miele washer drier sadly went to heaven, so we have a new WTF130.

Our old machine told you the % of full load you had placed in the drum and how much detergent to reduce by, for sub 100% loads.  Our new machine seems to have no such setting, how do we know how much powder to put in the tray?

Book washing machine & appliance repairs

Ransom Spares

Note: The links above are needed to help keep this site running, please consider using them.

The feature you describe is extremely rare. Probably only Miele had it and then only on specific models. To be honest the feature sounds quite unnecessary. The overwhelming majority of washing machines don't have it so it's down to following the instructions on the detergent package and manually assessing the load size. I would just think about full loads or half loads. Anything in between is too finicky to worry about.

Need an engineer, or to buy appliance spare parts? Please use my affiliate links to support this forum.

Book appliance engineer | Buy your appliance Spares 

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

We called Miele and the feature doesnt exist.  In fact this is particularly useful on washer driers where the max load KG varies from up to 7KG for wash to 4KG to dry.  So if you wash and dry in the same cycle your max wash load is only 4KG, without weighing your dirty under-crackers, its pretty hard to asses how much of the drum volume constitutes 4KG.

Anyway, thats life.  Thanks for the reply.

I've just bought a new washing machine, a WCR870, after my W4446 failed after 12 years faithful service (I was hoping for 20) and I can't find this very useful feature on the new machine. Hence coming here to look for comments/assistance.

My W4446 had a button to press which showed you the % load and then after another press % detergent required. I used it every wash. It told me how much more I could squeeze into the drum, or how much to reduce my detergent by - it was very efficient.

The new machine doesn't seem to have the feature and I really miss it. Yes, I know it'll auto-dose, but how do I know if I'm fully utilising my load capacity, or overloading the drum? I'll be gutted if it's truly not there and not simply hidden in a setting somewhere.

I think the auto-dose system is designed to use the correct amount of detergent for the load that is in the drum. That is its whole point. So you shouldn't have to think about it just put the load in and let the machine do the calculations.

Need an engineer, or to buy appliance spare parts? Please use my affiliate links to support this forum.

Book appliance engineer | Buy your appliance Spares 

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.