Appliance Offers
JPH

Height reduction kits for washer dryers

How can I find out which washer dryers on the market can be fitted with a height reduction kit? They all seem to have a height of 85cm, and I need to reduce it to a maximum of 83cm.

Would it be safe to remove the lid on a washer dryer whose control panel doesn't extend to the top of the machine, and have a custom-made metal plate fitted to the top. There is an LG washer dryer I like and the lid is 3cm high and sits above the control panel so it looks as though it could be done, but when I contacted LG they said they cannot supply a height reduction kit for any of their washer dryers.

Book washing machine & appliance repairs Buy appliance spare parts

Note: The links above are needed to help keep this site running, please consider using them.

I have a small article on Tumble dryer stacking kits which might be worth reading. I'm not sure if washer dryers are candidates for stacking kits though to be honest. As a washer dryer is also a tumble dryer I'd expect most people wouldn't need to stack a separate dryer on top.

Need an engineer, or to buy appliance spare parts? Please use my affiliate links to support this forum.

Book appliance engineer | Buy your Spares (4Washerhelp)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

Thanks for your reply, but I'm not sure how a stacking kit would help as I need to reduce the height of the washer dryer, not use it for stacking.  I need to reduce its height to 83cm or less (all the ones on the market seem to be 85cm high).  We have just moved to a new house and the position for the washer dryer is underneath a built in shelf (former mantlepiece over fireplace) which is made of reinforced concrete that extends into the wall of the house and supports an external chimney stack above.  So removing it would be a major structural job!  I have found mention on online message boards of 'height reduction kits' that consist of a flat metal top with screw holes, to replace the top that comes with the machine, on models where the control panel does not extend to the top of the machine. But all of these message board posts are quite old and don't mention current models of washer dryer.

Sorry, I don't know what happened there but I answered a different question. I have an article about Reducing the height of a washing machine that covers everything I know about the subject. The best place to get one (if one exists) is the manufacturer.

Need an engineer, or to buy appliance spare parts? Please use my affiliate links to support this forum.

Book appliance engineer | Buy your Spares (4Washerhelp)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.