Hello, I wondered if you could help me.

I have just purchased the Hotpoint WMAQF621 washing machine and I am having trouble finding a suitable cycle. All of the cycles seem to be really long and I would like a fast wash option that is under 1 hour. 

Does anyone know if there is a quicker option on this washing machine?

Thanks

Hello Sophie. Unfortunately washing machines these days take a long time to wash and for various reasons explained here why do washing machine wash cycles take so long?

There are usually some quick wash cycles, and some people tend to use them most of the time but these wash cycles are usually designed for extremely lightly soiled laundry and totally unsuitable for a normal wash. Using mostly a quick wash cycle will usually result in a buildup of horrible gunge and grease inside your washing machine shortening its life. 

At the end of the day you need to use the wash cycle that is designed for the items you are trying to wash regardless of how long it takes because shortcuts will just result in poorer quality washing and shortening the life of the appliance. There are often some option buttons which can reduce the amount of time the entire cycle takes slightly which you should check out in the instruction book. But again, if you use option buttons designed for smaller or less soiled loads it can lead up to a buildup of grease and gunge inside the machine.

Need a repair or spare parts? 

Book a Repair | Buy Spares (Cheapest prices guaranteed)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.