Appliance Offers

I've read the error codes article in the troubleshooting section, which I believe is the most relevant article to this problem, but I couldn't get the answer of the particular error I think I'm facing:

Hello,

I have an Indesit WIXL 143 S.

The washer seems to be displaying a fault, the door lock LED is flashing as are the first two function buttons (reading from the left on the row of function buttons).

If it helps the two function buttons are Delay Timer and Stain Removal (have attached an image here which shows them illuminated, they are flashing in reality just caught them when they were all on). 

All three LEDs are constantly flashing. I've tried holding the rest button and turning the machine on and off at the mains as per the instruction manual but whilst they stop flashing for a minute they then keep returning to flash. 

The problem didn't arise during a wash, I just came home yesterday to find our empty washing machine flashing away but have been completely unable to stop it.

I think its displaying an error/fault code but cant seem to find anywhere which tells me which one. If its something really technical I'll get someone out to take a look but I've just had to buy a new boiler so would like to try and tackle it myself if its something more straight forward. 

Thanks

Chris

IMG_4345.JPG

Book washing machine & appliance repairs

Ransom Spares

Note: The links above are needed to help keep this site running, please consider using them.

Yes your washing machine is producing an error code. As described in my article washing machine stops with lights flashing the error code can only be decoded by knowing the numbers of the lights that are flashing as you describe. 

The only error codes I have that are indicated with the option lights for Indesit are for WIDL washer dryers. The error code indicated by the first 2 LEDs flashing out of 4 is listed as F12 and the description is - Communications failure: check module connections between the 2 boards.

Sadly this isn't a very helpful description, and I can't say for certain that it definitely is relevant for your particular model.

Need an engineer, or to buy appliance spare parts? Please use my affiliate links to support this forum.

Book appliance engineer | Buy your appliance Spares 

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

Thanks for the swift reply Andy.

I also found this list of error codes which appear to cover the WIXL143S - http://www.wm1.com/indesit-washing-machine-fault-codes/ 

Would the error code of F12 still stand? If so on this list it says it could be "No mixed fill. It is likely that the water is not turned on at the taps"

The water is definitely on but maybe there is a kink in the pipe. If that is the problem then I might be able to sort it, but if its a communications failure as you say then I'll call in an expert.

Thanks again,

Chris

Hello Chris. According to that page your model is just one of the models listed where the codes, "might" apply. That's not specific enough to be able to rely on it. Also, as you can see it lists the error F12 with a totally different fault. This shows that manufacturers can't be relied on to always use the exact same error code linked to the exact same fault.

The error codes listed on that page are for washing machines that indicate error codes directly. That is, they have a digital display which will show the exact error code in text - eg "F12".

Your washing machine only indicates error codes indirectly through the option lights and as my list shows they are different to the ones listed on the other page. Unfortunately the only error codes I have in my book for Indesit washing machines indicating errors prior flashing option lights show that LEDs one and 2 flashing indicate F12 which is the communication error. 

Need an engineer, or to buy appliance spare parts? Please use my affiliate links to support this forum.

Book appliance engineer | Buy your appliance Spares 

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.