Appliance Offers
mandarman81

Recommended Pedestal Stand For Hotpoint Washing Machine?

Hello, I've got a Hotpoint WMBF742G Aquarius washing machine which I'm very happy with. My only problem at the moment is that my back has been getting worse over the last few months and carrying out the washing chores is becoming quite the ordeal. I've heard that you can get washing machine stands that raise up the hight of the washer allowing you to lod/unload it without having to bend so far down. This would be perfect for me and my back. I have a separate utility room so its not slotted under cupboards. Raising it would therefore not be a problem. Any suggestions on where I might be able to find one that's suitable for this model? As cheap as possible but sturdy would be best. Thanks.

Book washing machine & appliance repairs

Ransom Spares

Note: The links above are needed to help keep this site running, please consider using them.

The only washing machine raising pedistal I know about is linked to in my article here about how to raise a washing machine off the floor - it's not cheap but designed specifically for the job (check dimensions) and may be worth it if you have a problem to solve.

Need an engineer, or to buy appliance spare parts? Please use my affiliate links to support this forum.

Book appliance engineer | Buy your appliance Spares 

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

Thank you, I'll read the article. I recently moved to India after my husband secured a good job here and we had the washer and all of our other large appliances/furniture sent over in a large shipping container. If I was back in the UK, I'm sure I'd have no problem getting hold of one, but here its a little different.

So i've done a little bit of searching and have found some new and used washing machine stands at this second hand for sale site. They have new universal one's for pretty cheap so I could just get one of those and see. I'll ask my husband, the man of all knowledge to see what he thinks but I don't really see why one of those wouldn't be ok. They are obviously built to be sturdy enough to withstand the weight of a washer.

Most of them look unsuitable to be honest. They don't raise the washing machine up much and have wheels on them. They look designed to make moving washing machines about easier not raising it up to make it easier to use. The only one that looks like it raises the washing machine up enough to make loading and unloading easier looks hand made and has big wheels on it.

You don't want anything with wheels on unless you can be satisfied they will lock properly otherwise the washer would be moving around all over the place when used. The one I linked too looks like the only real contender but I think they only ship in the UK. It is apparently made by Whirlpool so try searching for Wpro Pedestal to see if anyone sells it in India or if Whirlpool supply spares and accessories there.

Need an engineer, or to buy appliance spare parts? Please use my affiliate links to support this forum.

Book appliance engineer | Buy your appliance Spares 

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.