Book washing machine & appliance repairs

Ransom Spares

Note: The links above are needed to help keep this site running, please consider using them.

PaulMadden

Beko Wm5120W - Only Spin Program Works

Hi,

I have a Beko WM5120W washing machine that is currently at fault, and sadly is out of warranty. There were a few minor issues which have now become greater. Initially, the only issue was that it would make a terrible noise whilst washing or spinning, this turned out to be a coin which I removed from the bottom outlet.

The next issue is the one which has now caused the main problem. The start button was not working, and seemed to be broken behind the button itself. I removed the panel, found the fault (the piece of plastic that connects between the button and the PCB was snapped), and glued it back in place.

While I was putting the PCB and panel back together, I noticed a few of the connections on the PCB were loose, and needed to be soldered, which I did, and it seemed to look fine.

When I put it all back together, I tried to test it by running a 'quick wash'. It was on 'ready', (the led was lit), and I pressed start. After a few seconds I heard a click, which I assume was the door locking, followed by another click. I checked the door to make sure it was still locked, which it was. Usually, after not too long the machine will kick into life and start filling with water. Now, the LEDs are lit showing 'start', 'wash' and 'quick wash'. Nothing happens, and after a few minutes all the LEDs go off, and it goes back to 'ready'. I've also tried setting it to rinse, which has the same effect.

Any help will be greatly appreciated as I, like a lot of people on here, cannot really afford to buy another machine right now.

Thanks

Paul

Book washing machine & appliance repairs

Ransom Spares

Note: The links above are needed to help keep this site running, please consider using them.

If it won't start, maybe the start button and connection with the control panel hasn't been fixed? Or something has gone wrong during the soldering and control panel repairs.

Need an engineer, or to buy appliance spare parts? Please use my affiliate links to support this forum.

Book appliance engineer | Buy your appliance Spares 

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.