Appliance Offers
Baz

New Integrated Washing Machine Dimensions

Hi everyone,

Apologies if I have missed a topic on this somewhere on the forums.

I need to get a new, integrated washer, but we are really struggling with the dimensions needed to fit the integrated space. Old machine is a Baumatic BTWM4, and the door is knackered. No replacements available so trying to source a new unit.

Dimensions needed (cm) are:

H: 82

W: 59.5

D: 53

Could go a few millimetres on the height and width maybe, but depth has to be bang-on.

Trawling the net, but struggling to be honest.

Please help!

Book washing machine & appliance repairs

Ransom Spares

Note: The links above are needed to help keep this site running, please consider using them.

I'm no expert on built in washing machines but a kitchen space for a washing machine should be 60 cm wide and any washing machine should fit. If the kitchen was made to the correct specifications then any built in appliance should fit. If the gap left is less than 60 cm or the worktop was deliberately made less deep you will have problems. As far as I know there shouldn't be any built in appliances made and sold that cannot fit into a normal standard UK kitchen. If it's not standard all you can do is trawl through all the specs on somewhere like Pricerunner :(

Need an engineer, or to buy appliance spare parts? Please use my affiliate links to support this forum.

Book appliance engineer | Buy your appliance Spares 

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

Appreciate your reply thank you.

Width shouldn't be an issue really, it's the depth that seems to be giving me issues. Unfortunately our appliances are Baumatic - not the best, and have now ceased trading. Can get other Baumatic machines but these are bigger. If my granit tops have been made smaller then I will be well racked-off. I fear we will have the same issues with cooker and built- in microwave

I will look to post a photo if this is feasable, and just continue to hunt for a machine that is 53cm deep.

Great site by the way!

• Like 1

I would have thought the standard kitchen worktop depth is at least 600 mm and more to include an overhang. As I say no appliance manufacturer is going to build an appliance that will not fit in a standard UK kitchen. The only problem is going to be if the dimensions of the kitchen are non-standard. How deep is your kitchen worktop?

If you cannot get one to fit of course you'll have to have a freestanding one, which will jut out a little. However freestanding washing machines are far preferable in every way apart from the fact that they are not hidden. They are cheaper, easier and cheaper to repair, there are far more models to choose from and far more brands to choose from.

Need an engineer, or to buy appliance spare parts? Please use my affiliate links to support this forum.

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

Our worktop seems to be 22.5 in. deep.

The pipes behind the machine though have to have some space as it's been designed with the waste and plumbing having to go to the left. This may be where my issue lies? The washer cannot go all the way back. Then again I suppose all machines are like this. It just seems that my Beaumatic spec States 53 cm in depth?

Barry

Could you have the plumbing moved? Plumbing doesn't have to be behind the washing machine. If there are large waste water pipes at the back the washer could be plumbed directly into the u-bend under the sink instead if not too far from the sink.