Book washing machine & appliance repairs

Ransom Spares

Note: The links above are needed to help keep this site running, please consider using them.

Rosierosebud

Washing Machine Worked For 5 Weeks

Hi,

I purchased a washing machine from currys online on the 5th nove 14,it broke down and an engineer was sent out on the 22 dece,the parts were sent for and hotpoint expected them on the 9th jan,one of the parts is out of stock with hotpoint in Italy and they can't give me a date of when they will get it in again,first week of jan I went down to my local currys to speak to their know how team and they have washed their hands off it now because a hotpoint engineer came out,could you please tell me were I stand as I'm sure you can imagine a family of 5 and no washing machine from12/13th December.

Many thanks

Rosemary

Book washing machine & appliance repairs

Ransom Spares

Note: The links above are needed to help keep this site running, please consider using them.

If a fault develops on a new product within 6 months it is deemed by the Sale of Goods Act to have been faulty when sold (it had an inherent fault) unless the retailer can prove otherwise. If they can repair it quickly and it isn't too serious most people would accept a repair but the repair should be done in a reasonable time. The fact that an engineer came out doesn't affect your rights under the sale of goods act. You could try telling them they sold you a faulty machine, which broke down within the first 6 months so consumer law says it was faulty when sold which is a breach of contract. You now feel the amount of time you've been without it is completely unreasonable especially as there is no idea how much longer it might be. If they won't exchange the machine you need to take advice from citizens advice.

The main problem is that it's now been so long that everyone is likely to think the part should arrive any day now so there's nothing to do, and of course it might.

Need an engineer, or to buy appliance spare parts? Please use my affiliate links to support this forum.

Book appliance engineer | Buy your appliance Spares 

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.