Book washing machine & appliance repairs

Ransom Spares

Note: The links above are needed to help keep this site running, please consider using them.

gazburwell

Extended Warranty Agreement Problem

I bought a Whirlpool washing machine 5 years ago and paid £219.99 extra for an extended warranty.

If I did not have a call out I qualified for the £219.99 Cashback.

I was under the impression that the Powerhouse agreement had gone into liquidation but I have found out that the company is still trading. (The Scottish Power plan folded).

It looks now that I will get my money back after all.

I thought some people would be interested in the news.

Book washing machine & appliance repairs

Ransom Spares

Note: The links above are needed to help keep this site running, please consider using them.

Hi Gazzer, have you heard anything specific, or are you hoping that because they are trading under that name again your cash-back will be valid? Many of these type of schemes are little more than scams. They often have highly restrictive conditions, hidden in small print to wriggle out of paying back the money, and many of them go bust before paying money out.

One common scam is that the policy often requires you send in a special registration form, but many sellers don't give you the form or mention it. Years later when you try to claim, they write back saying your claim wasn't registered. Anyone with an extended warranty that promises to give you your money back at the end if you haven't made a claim should double check their agreement's small print to see if you need to register it and get a certificate from them.

One redress that many people don't realise, is that if you paid for the extra warranty using a credit card, you can claim the money back from the credit card company.

Need an engineer, or to buy appliance spare parts? Please use my affiliate links to support this forum.

Book appliance engineer | Buy your appliance Spares 

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

My article on the subject may be of interest - should I buy an extended warranty for washing machine?

Need an engineer, or to buy appliance spare parts? Please use my affiliate links to support this forum.

Book appliance engineer | Buy your appliance Spares 

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.