John Lewis give 2 year guarantee on white goods appliances

Avantixx Waq283S1Gb Sealed Drum?

Hi,

My gf and I need a new washing machine as our Hoover has decided to take up smoking! We've more or less decided on a bosch, at around the £300 mark.

There's a good deal on the Avantixx WAQ283S1GB at £349, which although is a little over our budget it has some good features like Eco Silent motor, Aqua Plus. We have an open plan kitchen/living room area and quietness would be appreciated and as an Avantixx model I gather it's not one of Bosch's entry level models.

The only hesitation is about the drum - Is it sealed on this model? We've had a bra strap stuck in an old washing machine and i'd really like to be able to have a go at fixing it should this happen again. What is the definitive answer as to which Bosch machines have sealed drums? I've read conflicting advice on this forum.

Also, any general thoughts on this model?

Unfortunately most washing machines seem to have sealed drums these days apart from expensive brands but there isn't a definitive list. This is a list I acquired a couple of years back. It's likely that many more models and even some more brands will have used them since 2013 because it cuts production costs and white goods are so highly competitive that once one manufacturer comes up with a way to save money they all do it

All Hoover washing machines
All Candy washing machines
All Hotpoint washing machines
All Indesit washing machines
Bosch 'Classixx' range washing machines
Many makes sold at Argos
All makes sold at Asda
All E/lux, Zanussi and the AEG protex series have welded tubs.

Need a repair or spare parts? 

Book a Repair | Buy Spares (Cheapest prices guaranteed)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.