Appliance Offers
alggomas

Whirlpool Awod 5526 Starting/,stopping.

Book washing machine & appliance repairs

Ransom Spares

Note: The links above are needed to help keep this site running, please consider using them.

This is a little unusual. Does it immediately start up again as soon as the water is added? And does it then continue to wash perfectly okay without stopping again? It could be timing out if the water pressure isn't fast enough but washing machines should stop with an error code if they timeout on fill. Are any lights flashing, or any option lights lit up when it stops?

Need an engineer, or to buy appliance spare parts? Please use my affiliate links to support this forum.

Book appliance engineer | Buy your appliance Spares 

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

Also, if it was timing out on fill it should continue timing out on rinses too.

Need an engineer, or to buy appliance spare parts? Please use my affiliate links to support this forum.

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

The Administrator:

Back after Christmas. Hope yours went well.

My washing machine is plugged into the water pipe via a cutter which cuts the source pipe and can be turned on or off.= via its own tap.

It appears that after a few minutes " it is calling for water" ?

The red light on the top left hand side of the machine says that the "water tap has been turned off". [it has not. probably for 2 years]

After topping up with water via the soap tray and pressing start it continues again. Recently it has been doing this more often.

This also has economy water setting.

Will this extra information be more help to you /

Thanks.

Those cut in taps are often rubbish, especially on a hot water supply as they clog and rust up. They just pierce a very small hole to tap into the supply, which eventually clogs up. If it's a hot and cold fill washing machine I'd suspect the hot tap is completely clogged up. If it's a cold fill only machine then as I said before if it was not letting water in it shouldn't let some in at the beginning then not later on. Turn the tap(s) off and unscrew the fill hose from the machine and point it into a bucket or the sink and turn the tap on to see if water is coming through at a decent rate or not.