Book washing machine & appliance repairs Buy appliance spare parts

Note: The links above are needed to help keep this site running, please consider using them.

Whitegoodshelp (Andy)

Ise Ceased Trading

Hello Sophie. There has definitely been an issue with leaking from some of the ISE washing machine soap dispenser drawers. I remember reading about some sort of modification.

Need an engineer, or to buy appliance spare parts? Please use my affiliate links to support this forum.

Book appliance engineer | Buy your Spares (4Washerhelp)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

Book washing machine & appliance repairs Buy appliance spare parts

Note: The links above are needed to help keep this site running, please consider using them.

Yes I think that was one of my earlier posts, I complained (they were still trading) & they sent another insert with a small bit hacked off the outlet pipe. Fat lot of good it did. Oh well, one of life's lessons.

Hi,

I bought my W288ECO in June 2014 and it looks as though the company went out of business later that year.  The supplier that I bought from has also gone out of business and I'm wondering if anyone here can help. 

Although the machine seems to work OK it does have a problem when the spin cycle throws up an error "Unbalanced load".   Yesterday I could really have used the door opening tool that I can't remember ever receiving!!  I did eventually persuade the door to open using the button but it took a long time.  This is not the first time it's happened and I'm concerned that eventually I won't be able to open the door.

If someone has the tool and it's no longer required I'd be glad to pay for one, or if someone could take a photo of it and provide some measurements I might be able to get one made.

Thanks in advance.

HI MEM

Same model as mine but as far as I know the only way to open the machine door is via the electronic button. The only "tool" I ever had was a small length of plastic for the drain door. Although I think a credit card works just as well. I do occasionally get the unbalanced load warning but I know that is down to heavy towelling bath mats.  How I long to go back to the days of mechanical dials, lasted forever.

Hi Sophie's Mum,

Thank you for your reply ...

It really confirms that I probably never received one although it clearly states in the manual on page 23 that there should be one :(

When I get an unbalanced load warning it's usually for the same reason as you but yesterday it was for a cotton sweater that I probably shouldn't have bothered trying to wash in the machine in the first place, or at least not without a pile of other things to balance the load.  I'll be more careful in future.

It's always taken an age to get the door open when this happens but yesterday was the longest time ever and it looks as though there may be a fault with my electronic door opening button so I just hope someone can send me a picture of this elusive door opening tool if not the actual thing.

You are right! I had never read that. It is the same tool, a grey plastic length  80mm long x 12 mm wide but the end that does the work tapers to 10 mm over a 13 mm length.  Just under 3mm thick It works not just by putting it in the slot but by lifting up slightly & frankly I dont think it would last too long  if used a lot.  I have got photos but they are too big to even upload one. I don't know if I can reduce the bytes. I will try tomorrow.

Hi there,

Thanks so much for taking the trouble to do this.  It's much appreciated.  I can see it well and perhaps my husband will be able to make something that'll work when everything else fails.

Hi does anybody know where you can get spares. I have a ISE W288e and although it is working it will no doubt fail one day. So, I'd like to buy any old stock (especially the electronics which are now-a-days impossible to repair at component level.

Our outlet pump is failing as it has hair wrapped around behind the impeller which is impossible to get to. Any advice on that would be appreciated too.

Thanks

Hello, if it was one of the "ordinary" ISE washing machines that were similar to the average washing machine I don't think it would be worth trying to keep it going. If it was one of the Asko made washing machines at around £1000 that would be a much better quality machine though but the price of a pcb and other spares is likely to be way too expensive to speculatively buy.  If you bought all the major parts separately for any washing machine they would cost at least 10 times more than a complete washing machine. UKWhitegoods is the place to try for ISE spares though.

Need an engineer, or to buy appliance spare parts? Please use my affiliate links to support this forum.

Book appliance engineer | Buy your Spares (4Washerhelp)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.