Appliance Offers
xchcui

Softener Fabric Stay In The Dispenser On Siemens I-Dos Washing Machine.

Hi.

i have SIEMENS I-DOS washing machine WM16S890.(8KG).(1 year+)

suddenly the fabric softener doesn't go into the machine for the final spin,it just stays in the drawer.

The set up of the i-dos 2(softener)is set as it should be:the dosage set on normal strength,and the basis dosage on 36ml(both set on manufacturer default)),and the i-dos 2 blue led is light.i noticed that when the moment of the softener to get into the machine come,it is shown on the screen and i see a flow of water gets out from up on the right(inside above the dispenser).So it seems that the water is get out from the right place but the softener is not .

The softener is pumped by the softener pump but i can't see if the softener pump is working or hear it because of the noise of the water while they working at the same time.i didn't use concentrate softener and it doesn't stays long time in the dispenser.everything is clean in the dispenser and there wasn't any dry softener lumps or something like that in the dispenser.what could it be?failed softener pump?clogged softener pump?microcontroller software?

Thanks in advance.

Book washing machine & appliance repairs Buy appliance spare parts

Note: The links above are needed to help keep this site running, please consider using them.

If the fabric softener is still in the drawer at the end of the wash the valve responsible for flushing it into the drum may have failed. Normally there is a large water valve for the cold water and one section of it flushes water into the fabric softener compartment. Some machines have a nozzle which moves over to let water into the fabric softener compartment but most use a separate fill valve solenoid.

A bit more information is available here - Fabric Softener not draining away

Need an engineer, or to buy appliance spare parts? Please use my affiliate links to support this forum.

Book appliance engineer | Buy your Spares (4Washerhelp)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

Thanks for your answer,but as i mention my washing machine has i-dos system .The dispenser has 3 chambers and two pumps motors in it.

one chamber uses for manual(i can add laundry liquid or powder manually)while the water enter to the chamber from above.and the other 2 chambers belong to I-DOS (intellegent dosage)which transfer their liquid to the laundry by two motor pumps one motor-pump sit in the softener chamber and one motor-pump in the loundry detergent chambe.There are two places which the water gets in:one above the manual chamber and one above the two other chamber(the I- DOS chambers use common valve).so as i say before water get in,the screen said(when the moment in the program begins)that the softener is get in,i heard and see the water get in,but the softener is not getting in

Any ideas?

Sorry I've heard of such dosing systems (Miele use them) but didn't know what i-dos was. I've never actually seen one or known anyone with one. I'd suspect a problem with the i-dos dispenser.

Need an engineer, or to buy appliance spare parts? Please use my affiliate links to support this forum.

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

Root Admin(Washerhelp_Whitegoodshelp) Hi again.

I saw that you are the only one who answer for repair questions.

And while you said that you have never actually seen one or known anyone with one,

Will i have any chance to get an answer? :unsure:

Hi, for some reason very few other people ever answer questions. It's not likely many engineers have come across this dosing system which isn't fitted to probably 99.9% of UK washing machines.

Hi,

On the question of the conditioner not emptying properly,  

When water is pumped into the conditioner compartment, raising the level of liquid above the maximum, a siphon is formed, draining / sucking the mixture of water and conditioner into the machine, in much the same way that water from a cistern will empty a toilet bowl down to a fixed level. 

In my opinion, the reason for failing to drain is due to a combination of factors:

1.     Insufficient water with too little agitation being pumped into the conditioner compartment, to thin down and move the material, 

·       From viewing the process in our machine, I see that, often the conditioner dispenser section was full to the brim, after the wash had finished, so water had obviously been fed into the compartment.

·       Therefore, failure to pump – mentioned earlier - was an unlikely cause.

2.     The narrowness of the siphon system that allows the conditioner to drain out, when water is pumped into that compartment. 

·       Probably the primary factor, if items 3 and 4 come into play.

·       Lack of drainage in Item 1 suggests that the siphon hadn't even formed.

3.     Possible clogging of the siphon tube, over time, if the conditioner is not completely swilled away and ends up drying out in the compartment. 

·       After each wash, it is a good idea to flush water down the compartment, to clear any residue.  If the conditioner still doesn't drain, remove the dispenser unit and use a hose or tap to force water into the siphon outlet at the bottom of the dispenser, to clear  any blockage or build-up of dried or viscous material.  

4.     The viscosity of the conditioner - i.e. how thick the liquid is. 

·       I would recommend thinning the conditioner with water, before adding it to the compartment, still making sure that the maximum level isn't exceeded. That will make it flow more freely allowing a siphon to form more easily.