John Lewis give 2 year guarantee on white goods appliances

Beko Wma 765S Makes A Right Racket As If It's Vibrating Through The Metal Casing

Hi, I have a beko wma765s machine and I recently changed the drum bearings as they had gone. The drum now spins nice and quiet however when it goes into full spin it makes a right racket as if it's vibrating through the metal casing. Tonight I heard bits breaking off and on emptying the clothes from the machine I found a couple of grey plastic bits inside the drum rattling around. I took out the drain filter and found more bits of grey broken plastic. Any ideas what and where the broken bits are from and also why it's making such a loud noise on full spin even though it's had new bearings fitted?

Also, drum could be catching on heating element or its bracket if not located properly, which would cause a metallic rattle on spin with laundry inside and could break off bits of plastic from the paddles underneath the drum.

• Like 1

Need a repair or spare parts? 

Book a Repair | Buy Spares (Cheapest prices guaranteed)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

Thanks for your replays. Yeah it does have 3 plastic paddles inside however they seem sturdy. As for the heating element, it had a little metal clip on the element and I could not for the life of me find it so I just put the element back in. Maybe it's that that's the issue. Looks like I'm going to have to strip the washing machine down again and re-open the outer drum casing!!!

one other thing I can think of. Some drum casings are split in two and you are advised to snap off the plastic lugs because they could just bend, snap and fall into the casing. They are impossible to realign so they give you a new seal in a kit and recommend only screwing the casing together.

• Like 1

Cheers edd. Yeah my out casing splits in too but is already bolted together. The seal was leaking also so changed that at the same time of the bearings. The bits of plastic are grey whereas my out casing is white. I've just done a test run with no clothes in and it sounds a dream on full spin. Got a feeling it is the heating element touching the drum. Going to have to buy a new support bracket but I'm sure you've got to split the outer casing to put the element in with the bracket on.

If you didn't fit the heater bracket the drum will catch on the element

• Like 1

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

I took the heating element out tonight and looking at the marks on it you are right Andy about it catching the drum. I've ordered a new bracket however I cannot remember where or how the bracket attaches to the element and also I have this horribly feeling that I need to split the drum casing again in order to put the element back in as I don't think it will slide through the slot with the bracket attached.

Was it like a small thin plate? Some used to clip to the front of the element and slide under a lip in the drum. They normally slotted through the heater bracket hole but not familiar with that model.

Yeah that's the same metal bracket for the element as mine and the only difference is my element is at the rear of the drum not the front however there is nothing for it to attach to the outer casing. Think I need to strip it again & have a look inside.

Aye, it's probably impossible through the heating element hole without keyhole surgery tools ;) If you still can't find it, check inside the sump hose btw.

• Like 1

Now I am miffed. Iooked inside the element slot and there is nothing on the drum casing to try attach the bracket to. There's even no signs of anything ever being there. I'm at a loss now to how the bracket is suppose to work and stop the element touching the drum.

Now I am miffed. Iooked inside the element slot and there is nothing on the drum casing to try attach the bracket to. There's even no signs of anything ever being there. I'm at a loss now to how the bracket is suppose to work and stop the element touching the drum.

Can you not take a photo of the bracket and post it here? perhaps the inside of the drum casing too?