Book washing machine & appliance repairs

Ransom Spares

Note: The links above are needed to help keep this site running, please consider using them.

vijama

Buying Advise On W5877 Edition 111 Or W1901 Wps, Please.

Hi,

I'm looking to purchase either and W5877 Edition 111 or an W1901 in the next few days. I need help to decide which one to buy and why.

My local dealer prices for each are:

W5877 Edition 111 (8Kg) - £1149 (before £50 cash back) includes 10 year warranty.

W1901WPS (7kg) - £1170 includes 5 year warranty.

I like the modern look of the W1901, but:

1) Is there anything the 1901 does better than the W5877.

2) Why is it noisier than the W5877? Is it because it doesn't have a brushless motor?

3) Is the spin noisier than the 5877?

4) Miele said the W5877 has 4 shock absorbers as opposed to 3 in the W1901. Is this true?

5) Are the white plastic trims on Miele guaranteed not to go yellow for the lifetime of the machine?

Any other differences between the 2. Does anyone own the W1901 and have any opinions on it?

Thanks.

Book washing machine & appliance repairs

Ransom Spares

Note: The links above are needed to help keep this site running, please consider using them.

I can't think of a reason why the W1901WPS is £21 more expensive. I would have the W5877, it not only seems the better model but has 10 year warranty. All Miele washing machines are quiet so the noise level differences shouldn't be a major factor but it may be fitted with brushes. The casings have a lifetime none fade guarantee, the control panel is usually behind a perspex cover on the style of the W5877.

Need an engineer, or to buy appliance spare parts? Please use my affiliate links to support this forum.

Book appliance engineer | Buy your appliance Spares 

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.