Indesit Iwc 6145 15 Minute Cycle Problem

Hi, I hope someone can help. Its a bit of an odd problem, as the washing machine 'does' work!

My washing machine has an express cycle (number 9 on the dial) that is supposed to be 15 minutes long. However when I choose that cycle it lasts as long as a long cycle (probably 70 to 90 minutes)

Im really not sure why this could be, but its fustrating as I would like to use this cycle fairly regularly, but its not an option.

In all other respects the washing machine seems to work ok, although I generally only use one other cycle (number 3 on the dial) so dont really know if any of the other cycles work as they should.

Hope you can help!

It is indeed a weird one. Everything that should affect a wash programme should affect most others too. When it takes 70 - 90 minutes, what is it actually doing most of that time?

• Like 1

Need a repair or spare parts? 

Book a Repair | Buy Spares (Cheapest prices guaranteed)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

Hi, thanks for your reply! I have not watched it constantly, but It appears to be doing a normal wash, so there are the usual periods of washer filling, entering the powder compartment, wash, rinse, drain and spin. Pretty much a normal wash, apart from the fact it takes MUCH longer than it should!

I have been using this cycle for a while, always assuming it only took 15 mins, but usually started the cycle just before going out, so its only recently that i realised it has been taking much longer!

Im now beginning to wonder if the washer actually only does one cycle (almost like a default wash) and the program dial where you choose which cycle you want, doesnt actually work, or the inside parts are 'stuck' on once cycle!

It's a long shot but worth checking out, if it sees to fill with water a lot more often than you;d expect or lots of times for short bursts make sure it isn't siphoning Fills and empties at same time

• Like 1

Need a repair or spare parts? 

Book a Repair | Buy Spares (Cheapest prices guaranteed)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.