Hello there,

I have a Servis 6033 washing machine which needs replacement bearings. I've had a look, and it seems that the drum needs to be lifted out from the top of the machine, is that correct?

I have a bearings set, but presumably will need a new drum seal and door seal to complete the job.

Any advice will be gratefully received!

Many thanks

Michael Fitzpatrick

If it's as old as I suspect it maybe isn't worth repairing. All the parts are obsolete on the main spares site I checked.

Need a repair or spare parts? 

Book a Repair | Buy Spares (Cheapest prices guaranteed)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

23 years is very impressive. Personally I think it's asking too much to expect it to last longer. At that age you may well find things are seized up or other things worn or rusted if you strip it down. If it has a metal tub, the tub could be very badly rusted inside, the drum shaft may be damaged. If it has those tapered roller bearings they usually damage the drum shaft if the main front one collapses. It's a big job at the best of times but on a 23 year old machine where most parts are obsolete it's a bit risky.

Need a repair or spare parts? 

Book a Repair | Buy Spares (Cheapest prices guaranteed)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

• 2 years later...

Hi there,

I found my bearing set on easy spares.co.uk. A quick look implies they don't have anything for the 3305. I still have the Quartz bearing set I bought: I decided not to bother trying the repair and bought a new washer. If I can turn them up and they would fit you're welcome to them.

Best regards

mef13