Appliance Offers
design10

Repaired Washing Machine Returned - Not Sure If Its Ours

Hi all,

I hope someone may be able to help or give me some advice.

I live in Germany and brought my Bosch from the uk with me. Its now about 5 years old.

Recently there was a problem and it wasnt spinning right and so we called out a repair man. He came and said it was the stabilisers and took it away to repair. When it came back everythng seemed fine to start with. Then we noticed small differences. The plug was no longer English, the liquid tray didnt slide/fit as well as before, the top was longer and the general sides and back were different. Rang the repair man back up and mentioned the differences.

To begin with he said it was ours but then admitted that it had fallen over and that he had changed the outside (shell) but that it was still our washing machine inside. We were obviously extremley annoyed that he hadnt told us and now we are not sure if we have our machine back. We have the model number but i was wondering if there was anything on the motor/machine (inside) that has the model number on or the Bosch stamp that we can check to make sure that it is our Bosch machine and not a different/cheaper model.

Any help would be very much appreciated because we want to know if there is any hard evidence that it is our machine or not.

Cheers

Design10

Book washing machine & appliance repairs Buy appliance spare parts

Note: The links above are needed to help keep this site running, please consider using them.

I have to say it's very unlikely that any repairman would ever change the outside shell of a washing machine in such circumstances. The idea of doing that is a bit crazy because it's such a massive job to do, but there's no accounting for decisions some people can make so the idea that it's a crazy thing to do doesn't prove it wasn't done.

It sounds pretty much like its a totally different machine.Unless you know what your model number was before (can you find the old instruction book?) the problem is you can't compare them. Try searching google for the current model number to see if you can get an idea about it, how old it is, was it even sold in the UK? etc.

Need an engineer, or to buy appliance spare parts? Please use my affiliate links to support this forum.

Book appliance engineer | Buy your Spares (4Washerhelp)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

Hi Andy,

Thanks I appreciate your time and response. The machine is from the Uk & I have the model number because we took a picture of it before it was taken away. At least I think it is the model number WAA28161GB/07 which is also on the back of the manual There was also another number on the but of the machine FD8710 100502 - dont know what the second set of numbers are though.

I was just trying to see if there would be any numbers on the motor or drum (i.e not the shell) where I could confirm if it is the same model/machine or not.

Cheers

I'm not aware of any numbers on parts inside that would connect it to a particular model.

Need an engineer, or to buy appliance spare parts? Please use my affiliate links to support this forum.

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

OK thanks. It doesnt really have to connect it to the model number. Anything thing on the inside parts that indicate it is a Bosch because i genuinely feel that it is a different machine but I just dont know how to check/prove it.

Most washing machine manufacturers use virtually the same parts in all the models they are making under a brand name at any one time. If one spins at 1200 rpm and another at 1400 rpm they will usually still have the same motor. If one is £300 and another is £450 it will usually have the same pump, same door seal, same outer shell, same everything apart from possibly control panel and differences in the main pcb and extra "features".

The main exception to this is if one has a 6Kg drum capacity and another a 7Kg capacity then clearly they will have slightly different sized drums but the quality of them will be identical.

I would say the chances are it is a totally different machine because I find it hard to believe anyone would painstakingly transfer all the parts from one machine to another, but you can't prove it because it is possible they did.