• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 diydad

diydad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 07:57 PM

Can anyone help me? My Hoover OPH148 is heating up the water on every single washing cycle, even the 30 degrees cycle. The clothes are coming out hot and steaming, and I have ruined a couple of fleeces recently. The water is fed in cold (there is no hot water pipe in our utility room).

I can't find any similar problems on the forums. Is this something that I can fix myself?

Thank you

Get Special Offers Book washing machine & appliance repairs Buy appliance spare parts Buy Appliances | Main help site is White goods help

Note: The links above are needed to help keep this site running, please consider using them.

#2 Washerhelp_Whitegoodshelp

Washerhelp_Whitegoodshelp

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,400 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 08:32 AM

If clothes are coming out hot from the washing machine the number one suspect is that it's rinsing in hot water. Read this topic for further information on Clothes come out of washing machine hot. It's usually a big surprise to people finding this out and they can believe their washer is connected correctly so check it out just to make absolutely sure.

The only other thing I can think of that could account for clothes coming out hot and steamy is if it's a washer dryer and it's happening on the dry cycle - Clothes Coming Out Of Washer Dryer Hot And Steamy, Still Wet

Even if the heater was somehow energised all the time it shouldn't be able to heat the rise water up in the relatively short time the water is in for rinses. If it was just on all the time it should smell badly of burning, scorch laundry and probably fuse the machine.

Please consider using my relevant affiliate links and ads to support my sites. 

• Disclaimer: You must be competent to carry out repairs, and accept responsibility for your own and other people's safety* -  DIY repair safety and tips

* I use all reasonable efforts to ensure information contained on Washerhelp is correct and accurate, no representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of such information. I therefore cannot be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information appearing on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

#3 diydad

diydad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:18 AM

Thanks Andy. I double checked and found a second, cold water pipe in the utility room. I had been connected to hot all along. It's a fair cop! Many thanks for the advice.

#4 Washerhelp_Whitegoodshelp

Washerhelp_Whitegoodshelp

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,400 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 10:16 AM

Nice one, thanks for the update. Your washing machine will cost a lot less to use from now on, and your laundry will take a lot less ironing. :)