Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

diydad

Water Hot, Even On Rinses

4 posts in this topic

Can anyone help me? My Hoover OPH148 is heating up the water on every single washing cycle, even the 30 degrees cycle. The clothes are coming out hot and steaming, and I have ruined a couple of fleeces recently. The water is fed in cold (there is no hot water pipe in our utility room).

I can't find any similar problems on the forums. Is this something that I can fix myself?

Thank you

Get Special Offers Book washing machine & appliance repairs Buy appliance spare parts Buy Appliances | Main help site is White goods help

Note: The links above are needed to help keep this site running, please consider using them.

If clothes are coming out hot from the washing machine the number one suspect is that it's rinsing in hot water. Read this topic for further information on Clothes come out of washing machine hot. It's usually a big surprise to people finding this out and they can believe their washer is connected correctly so check it out just to make absolutely sure.

The only other thing I can think of that could account for clothes coming out hot and steamy is if it's a washer dryer and it's happening on the dry cycle - Clothes Coming Out Of Washer Dryer Hot And Steamy, Still Wet

Even if the heater was somehow energised all the time it shouldn't be able to heat the rise water up in the relatively short time the water is in for rinses. If it was just on all the time it should smell badly of burning, scorch laundry and probably fuse the machine.

Thanks Andy. I double checked and found a second, cold water pipe in the utility room. I had been connected to hot all along. It's a fair cop! Many thanks for the advice.

Nice one, thanks for the update. Your washing machine will cost a lot less to use from now on, and your laundry will take a lot less ironing. :)