1 reply to this topic

#1 smeghead

smeghead

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:29 PM

Hi

I have an Electrolux washer, however a couple of days ago it seemed to start working fine when empty, however it does not seem to work when we put clothes in it.

I put in a Jacket and it went part way through cycle and then seemed to reset itself back to start of programme and hold itself there.

I tried to spin my jacket (13 minute programme) but machine spun slowley for about 1 minute, stopped for about 1 minute, then slowley again. ( we tried this twice) , and at about the 4 - 5 minute mark again it seemed to reset back to start of programme (ie spin )and hold itself there

I turned machine off, took jacket out, and set to spin whilst empty, and it wizzed round no problem. Waited for it to stop, put jacket in....same senario as above 1 min spin 1 min stop.

Took jacket out, reset to spin, and lo and behold spinning like a spinning top from the 70s.

Finally we set a wash programme (empty) and it seemed to go throughwhole cycle no problem.

So...Is my washer allergic to clothes.

Thankyou all...

PS. I have bet my wife that I can solve this before she rings a washer repair man....so my faith is in you...

Get Special Offers Book washing machine & appliance repairs Buy appliance spare parts Buy Appliances | Main help site is White goods help

Note: The links above are needed to help keep this site running, please consider using them.

#2 Washerhelp_Whitegoodshelp

Washerhelp_Whitegoodshelp

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,278 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 10:21 AM

Try this Washing machine wont spin just one item or very small loads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users