5 replies to this topic

#1 englander

englander

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:05 AM

hi im looking to get some help with my washer dryer its a hoover 1200
the prolem is it fills up with water and makes the usual noises but it wont start washing i have checked the fan belt which seems ok, also when i put it on dryer mode it heats up but again no movement with the drum? has anyone got any ideas what the problem could be? just a note it drains the water out ok so it looks like the pump is maybe working, any answers would be greatly appriciated
thankyou

Get Special Offers Book washing machine & appliance repairs Buy appliance spare parts | Buy Appliances | Main help site is White goods help

Note: The links above are needed to help keep this site running, please consider using them.

#2 Washerhelp_Whitegoodshelp

Washerhelp_Whitegoodshelp

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:57 PM

best place to start is here - Washing machine drum won't turn or it won't spin

Please consider buying spares from my 4Washerhelp links to support my sites. Prices are same as the other major spares sites but it helps keep my sites running.

Find a repairmanBuy appliance spare parts from 4Washerhelp

• Disclaimer: You must be competent to carry out repairs, and accept responsibility for your own and other people's safety* -  DIY repair safety and tips

* I use all reasonable efforts to ensure information contained on Washerhelp is correct and accurate, no representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of such information. I therefore cannot be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information appearing on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

#3 englander

englander

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:08 PM

best place to start is here - Washing machine drum won't turn or it won't spin

thanks andy i have looked at the link and i would like to check to see if the brushes are worn, as this looks like the only option i have, would you know how i would get to the brushes? thanks again

#4 Washerhelp_Whitegoodshelp

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:12 PM

There's a link to a helpful carbon brushes diagnostic page plus 4washerhelp spares site to buy carbon brushes from within that article.

Please consider buying spares from my 4Washerhelp links to support my sites. Prices are same as the other major spares sites but it helps keep my sites running.

• Disclaimer: You must be competent to carry out repairs, and accept responsibility for your own and other people's safety* -  DIY repair safety and tips

* I use all reasonable efforts to ensure information contained on Washerhelp is correct and accurate, no representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of such information. I therefore cannot be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information appearing on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

#5 englander

englander

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:52 PM

hi andy i have read the advice but i am still none the wiser as to where the brushes are i have taken the back off my machine and can see the motor but i cant see where the brushes are located have i got to take the motor off to examine them ? thanks

#6 Washerhelp_Whitegoodshelp

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:50 PM

Yes you have to take the motor off to get to most brushes. There are other things it could be so unless you find one of the brushes is burnt and charred at the end that runs on the commutator it's not them. If in doubt get an engineer in. DIY repairs can be more costly or trouble than they are worth or even dangerous if you don't know what you are doing.

Useful article - carbon brushes diagnostic help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users